Remembering Louis-Ferdinand Céline (May 27, 1894–July 1, 1961)Greg Johnson
Louis-Ferdinand Céline was the pen name of French novelist, essayist, and physician Louis-Ferdinand-Auguste Destouches, who was born on this day in 1894. Céline is one of the giants of 20th-century literature. And, like Ezra Pound and so many other great writers of the last century, he was an open and unapologetic racial nationalist. For more on Céline, see the following works on this website:
- Will Bogumil, “Thomas Rohkrämer’s Martin Heidegger: A Political Biography“
- Louis-Ferdinand Céline, “Céline on Journey to the End of the Night.”
- Louis-Ferdinand Céline, “Tempest in a Teapot: Céline on Sartre.”
- Robert Brasillach, “Céline’s Journey to the End of the Night.”
- Robert Brasillach, “Céline’s Trifles for a Massacre.”
- François Gardet, Preface to Céline’s The School for Cadavers
- François Gardet, Introduction to Céline’s Trifles for a Massacre
- Greg Johnson, “Louis-Ferdinand Céline’s Trifles for a Massacre” (Spanish translation here)
- Margot Metroland, “Céline Goes Hollywood,” Part 1, Part 2
- Margot Metroland, “The Enduring Reputation of Louis-Ferdinand Céline.”
- Margot Metroland, “Céline at Sigmaringen, 1944–45.”
- J. J. Przybylski, “Shakespeare. Céline. Secrets at Bottom.”
- Fenek Solère, “In Search of Céline.”
- Tomislav Sunić, “Louis-Ferdinand Céline — An Anarcho-Nationalist.”
- Karlheinz Weißman, “Right-Wing Anarchism” (Czech translation here)
- Dominique Venner, “Céline: Literary Giant and Racial Nationalist.”
- Michael Walker, “Now for My Next Writer . . ..”
- Leo Yankevich, “Céline.”
- Michael Walker at the London Forum, “Four French Collaborationists.”
The best online resource about Céline is Le Petit Célinien.
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate $120 or more per year.
- First, donor comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Second, donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Non-donors will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days.
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, sign up here:
Paywall Gift Subscriptions
- your payment
- the recipient’s name
- the recipient’s email address
- your name
- your email address
To register, just fill out this form and we will walk you through the payment and registration process. There are a number of different payment options.
Enjoyed this article?
Be the first to leave a tip in the jar!
Remembering Pentti Linkola (December 7, 1932-April 5, 2020)
Reklama a válka proti bělochům — pokračování
Proč nepodporuji Tommyho Robinsona
Christmas Special: Merry Christmas, Infidels!
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 561: An All-Star Thanksgiving Weekend Special
We Have Much to be Thankful For
Black Friday Special: It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas
Nueva Derecha vs. Vieja Derecha, Capítulo 12: La Cuestión Cristiana en el Nacionalismo Blanco