Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter: June 2016Greg Johnson
Dear Friends of Counter-Currents,
1. Our Readership and Web Traffic
After hitting news highs in May, our traffic was a little lower in June: unique visitors and visits were down (but still above April’s levels), but pages viewed were slightly up over May’s.
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||“Hits”||Bandwidth|
|June 2016||123,901||351,467||1,664,032||4,237,552||57.88 GB|
|May 2016||134,345||360,069||1,663,686||4,578,071||59.79 GB|
|April 2016||121,779||327,150||1,514,605||4,525,313||59.50 GB|
|March 2016||119,288||343,090||1,586,158||4,385,429||55.58 GB|
|February 2016||121,361||342,891||1,269,478||3,865,233||52.09 GB|
|January 2016||112,680||312,399||1,279,265||3,808,315||56.32 GB|
|December 2015||118,438||327,974||1,270,504||3,756,303||59.09 GB|
|November 2015||130,264||341,885||1,212,556||3,825,700||62.43 GB|
|October 2015||118,247||320,680||1,226,301||3,599,419||62.65 GB|
|September 2015||124,342||325,517||1,266,197||3,653,818||65.50 GB|
|August 2015||103,769||264,613||1,082,267||2,992,773||52.13 GB|
|July 2015||103,188||281,469||1,263,504||3,307,479||55.38 GB|
|June 2015||119,264||288,620||1,289,808||3,439,675||57.42 GB|
|May 2015||no data||no data||no data||no data||no data|
|April 2015||79,251||144,783||666,989||1,576,493||14.12 GB|
|March 2015||86,251||173,236||749,068||1,545,146||14.21 GB|
|February 2015||76,322||148,894||526,666||1,208,728||10.92 GB|
|January 2015||86,263||171,544||612,211||1,348,105||13.35 GB|
|December 2014||78,658||152,838||538,903||896,560||9.73 GB|
|November 2014||86,254||172,786||678,026||741,633||7.93 GB|
|October 2014||85,852||174,240||678,119||748,061||8.15 GB|
|September 2014||61,485||121,651||448,701||505,472||8.92 GB|
|August 2014||62,415||127,630||438,270||501,703||8.62 GB|
|July 2014||63,223||149,786||456,117||536,178||8.79 GB|
|June 2014||58,147||116,084||327,309||366,568||7.16 GB|
|May 2014||59,321||116,293||321,397||363,432||7.08 GB|
|April 2014||56,511||110,621||318,831||367,018||6.91 GB|
|March 2014||65,619||117,881||335,592||380,785||7.89 GB|
|February 2014||55,805||100,271||300,207||346,026||6.18 GB|
|January 2014||82,567||209,131||1,130,149||1,224,623||98.64 GB|
|July 2013||82,106||200,961||1,619,899||1,813,531||124.29 GB|
|June 2013||80,409||197,258||1,730,633||1,884,016||103.77 GB|
|May 2013||95,667||221,260||1,758,299||1,897,099||103.67 GB|
|April 2013||81,328||192,910||1,528,169||1,634,540||91.16 GB|
|March 2013||83,303||189,545||1,477,001||1,778,006||94.98 GB|
|February 2013||81,999||185,688||1,396,374||1,498,502||75.33 GB|
|January 2013||100,054||208,004||900,577||1,012,979||40.81 GB|
|December 2012||109,265||224,793||926,117||1,143,248||37.53 GB|
|November 2012||107,956||199,912||584,115||755,419||29.95 GB|
|October 2012||81,739||157,152||410,096||416,362||16.36 GB|
|September 2012||66,719||132,503||455,938||493,856||17.73 GB|
|August 2012||41,616||96,314||305,729||329,353||12.23 GB|
|July 2012||52,304||108,340||367,589||373,470||12.52 GB|
|June 2012||55,112||110,246||400,141||404,162||13.66 GB|
|May 2012||56,323||111,533||400,243||404,483||15.70 GB|
|April 2012||56,772||110,029||421,446||428,678||16.08 GB|
|March 2012||55,572||106,029||441,170||475,719||16.36 GB|
|February 2012||53,345||99,607||376,288||411,915||14.43 GB|
|January 2012||56,633||107,644||408,373||433,736||21.38 GB|
|December 2011||49,845||97,223||337,881||344,210||13.65 GB|
|November 2011||44,445||88,824||330,664||339,521||14.22 GB|
|October 2011||45,590||90,444||337,137||468,197||17.78 GB|
|September 2011||45,427||88,782||422,902||481,909||11.67 GB|
|August 2011||40,002||81,012||502,282||2,083,593||53.18 GB|
|July 2011||30,186||66,093||416,309||1,952,047||71.23 GB|
|June 2011||28,629||57,920||264,928||1,004,128||22.78 GB|
|May 2011||36,596||78,103||274,841||1,334,472||47.59 GB|
|April 2011||20,091||58,037||223,291||2,729,449||54.65 GB|
|March 2011||29,768||62,077||220,053||2,485,001||52.21 GB|
|February 2011||29,737||61,519||213,121||2,081,558||40.13 GB|
|January 2011||28,583||60,005||198,249||1,736,067||34.06 GB|
|December 2010||26,161||50,975||192,905||1,101,829||27.79 GB|
|November 2010||26,054||48,336||171,833||915,553||26.39 GB|
|October 2010||17,848||35,921||140,365||611,367||17.93 GB|
|September 2010||17,063||34,510||147,051||580,550||16.39 GB|
|August 2010||12,174||22,348||93,379||333,614||10.17 GB|
|July 2010||9,387||17,329||119,254||348,172||10.01 GB|
|June 2010||6,145||10,328||70,732||200,824||6.08 GB|
2. Our Webzine
In June, we added 76 pieces and more than 1,000 comments to our webzine.
3. June’s Top 20 Pieces (with Number of Reads)
- Gregory Hood reviews The Angry Birds Movie, 9,194
- Dissident Right, “((())): A Critique of Jewish Privilege,” 8,904
- Lothar von Trotha, “The Dismal Tide: The Left’s Response to the Orlando Massacre,” 8,769
- Dara Halley-James, “100+ Reasons to Cease and Desist from Any Further Holocaust Commemoration,” 8,263
- Greg Johnson, “Vetoing the Dream: In Support of Brexit,” 6,209
- Collin Liddell, “Starting a Fight they Cannot Finish,” 5,946
- Greg Johnson, “The Counter-Currents Meme of the Week Contest,” 5,763
- Spencer Quinn, “The Other Elephant in the Room,” 5,724
- Aedon Cassiel, “The Meme War is Real,” 5,354
- Guillaume Durocher, “The Ancient Greeks: Our Fashy Forefathers,” 5,280
- Patrick Le Brun, “Brexit Means the Turks Stay Out, a European EU is Possible,” 5,171
- Spencer Quinn, “Siouxsie and the Banshees,” 4,881
- Greg Johnson, “Call for Papers: Dark Right: Right-Wing Readings of Batman,” 4,823
- Guillaume Durocher, “Hitler as YouTube Star,” 4,775
- Jef Costello, “The Left is Afraid,” 4,754
- Spencer Quinn, “All Bark, No Bite: Michael Walsh on the Frankfurt School,” 4,717
- Colin Liddell, “After Brexit: A Battle of Two Europes,” 4,657
- Aedon Cassiel, “Wising Up to Uncle Tim,” 4,647
- Lawrence Murray, “Florida as a Site of Conflict between Colonists and Natives,” 4,252
- Greg Johnson, “The Relevance of the Old Right,” 4,128
Gregory Hood’s review of The Angry Birds Movie was our number one article for the second month running. The next three articles were by new authors: Dissident Right, Lothar von Trotha, and Dara Halley-James. Congratulations, and thank you. Greg Johnson had four pieces in the top 20. Spencer Quinn, one of our strongest new writers, had three articles. New author Aedon Cassiel had two top 20 articles, as did Colin Liddell and Guillaume Durocher. Patrick Le Brun, Jef Costello, and Lawrence Murray each made one appearance.
4. June’s Top Countries
- United States
- Russian Federation
- Great Britian
5. June’s Top Cities
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Our top cities include 10 US cities (3 on the West Coast), 3 Australian cities, and 7 national capitals.
6. Our Book Publishing
In May we published Gregory Hood’s Waking Up from the American Dream in Kindle. The hardcover and paperback versions were released in June. In June, we published a Kindle version of the second edition of Greg Johnson’s Confessions of a Reluctant Hater, which is expanded by 40%. In July, we will publish the paperback and hardcover editions. Also in July and August, we will publish Leo Yankevich’s The Hypocrisies of Heaven: Poems Old and New, Fenek Solère’s novel Rising, and Jef Costello’s The Importance of James Bond.
7. Our Amazon Affiliate Membership
In March of 2015, under pressure from the SPLC, which was amplified in the pages of the Washington Post, Amazon.com dropped Counter-Currents from its Affiliate Marketing program, which earned us about $6,000/year — a substantial financial hit to a business as small as ours. The SPLC’s aim, of course, is to put us out of business. Fortunately, our readers have rallied to our aid.
8. Six Easy Ways You Can Help Counter-Currents
- Like our Facebook page and recommend that your friends do as well: https://www.facebook.com/counter.currents.publishing.
- Review our books at Amazon.com.
- Link our articles and recommend them to your friends.
- Buy our books, which helps us break even.
- Donate, to keep us in the fight.
- Make a bequest in your will.
9. Our Mailing List
If you wish to join our mailing list for occasional sale announcements and fundraising appeals, fill out the form below:
None of this would be possible without our writers, donors, proofreaders, and above all, you, our readers. Thank you!
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right
Remembering Friedrich Nietzsche (October 15, 1844–August 25, 1900)
Remembering Aleister Crowley
(October 12, 1875–December 1, 1947)
Contre le sectarisme de droite
Qu’est-ce que l’Alt Right ?
Savitri Devi, Traditionalism, & Nature Religion
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 375 Greg Johnson, Stephen Paul Foster, & Richard Houck on How to Respond to Being Called a “Hater!”
Remembering Roy Campbell (October 2, 1901–April 22, 1957)
Remembering Louis de Bonald:
October 2, 1754–November 23, 1840