Remembering Wyndham Lewis (November 18, 1882-March 7, 1957)Greg Johnson
Wyndham Lewis was born on this day in 1882. A first-rate novelist, critic, and painter, he was a leading English exponent of fascist modernism. In honor of his birth, I wish to draw your attention to the following works on this website:
- Kerry Bolton, “Wyndham Lewis” (French translation here)
- Jonathan Bowden, “Classical Modernism and the Art of the Radical Right“
- Jonathan Bowden, “Elitism, British Modernism, and Wyndham Lewis” (transcript)
- Jonathan Bowden, “Wyndham Lewis” (podcast)
- Jonathan Bowden, “Wyndham Lewis’ Tarr: An Exercise in Right-Wing Psychology” (Bulgarian translation here)
- Jonathan Bowden, “Wyndham Lewis’ Childermass: Black Metal, without the Music“
- Adrian Davies, “Culture and ‘Engagement’: French and English Perspectives“
- Alex Kurtagić, “Some Sort of Nietzschean“
Kerry Bolton’s essay and Bowden’s “Elitism, British Modernism, and Wyndham Lewis” are both excellent overviews of Wyndham Lewis’s life and work.
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate $120 or more per year.
- First, donor comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Second, donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Non-donors will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days.
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, sign up here:
Paywall Gift Subscriptions
- your payment
- the recipient’s name
- the recipient’s email address
- your name
- your email address
To register, just fill out this form and we will walk you through the payment and registration process. There are a number of different payment options.
Mamma Mia, It’s Pussolini!
Americké prezidentské volby 2020 — zhodnocení dosavadního vývoje
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 487 New Ask Me Anything with Greg Johnson
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 486 The Golden One Offers White Pills on the Swedish Election
Remembering Francis Parker Yockey: September 18, 1917–June 16, 1960
Remembering H. Keith Thompson
September 17, 1922–March 3, 2002
Passage Prize, Volume 1
Queen of the World