Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 67
Labors of Love:
Greg Johnson interviews Juleigh
Howard-Hobson on Poetry & Life
[jwplayer file=”https://counter-currents.com/radio/Johnson-JuleighHowardHobson-2013-11-29.mp3″ streamer=”rtmp://s3cxt7hxkp9tvh.cloudfront.net/cfx/st” provider=”rtmp” duration=”2740″]
To download the mp3, right-click here and choose “save target or link as.”
To subscribe to our podcasts, click here.
Greg Johnson interviews poetess Juleigh Howard-Hobson, author of “I do not belong to the Baader-Meinhof Group” and Other Poems. Topics discussed include:
- Juleigh’s life in England, Australia, and the United States
- How she came to write poetry
- Formalist vs. non-formalist poetry
- Her favorite poets: Shelley, Keats, A. E. Housman
- Contemporary favorites: Xenia Sunic, Leo Yankevich, Joseph Salemi
- Not so favorite poets: Pound, Larkin, Yeats
- World War I and anti-war poems
- How Juleigh writes poems
- Asatru and European heathenism in general
- The role of ritual and religious community
- Dealing with alienation from the modern world
- Sustainable living
- Homeschooling her three children
- Why college education is a waste of money and time
- Doing what one loves
- Ravenshalla Arts: the Hobsons’ publishing imprint
Enjoyed this article?
Be the first to leave a tip in the jar!
Using Politics to Segregate the Sexes
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 561: An All-Star Thanksgiving Weekend Special
We Have Much to be Thankful For
Black Friday Special: It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas
Nueva Derecha vs. Vieja Derecha, Capítulo 12: La Cuestión Cristiana en el Nacionalismo Blanco
The Anti-Black Plague: “Black Death” of 1347-1351 Kills Half of Europe . . . Black Women Most Affected
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 560: Is Elon Musk the New Henry Ford?