Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter: August 2015Greg Johnson
Dear Friends of Counter-Currents,
The big news in August is that Counter-Currents was offline for two-and-a-half days. Even with the downtime, though, we managed break 100,000 unique visitors for the third month running. Here are our traffic statistics, top articles, and more news for August.
1. Our Readership and Web Traffic
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||“Hits”||Bandwidth|
|August 2015||103,769||264,613||1,082,267||2,992,773||52.13 GB|
|July 2015||103,188||281,469||1,263,504||3,307,479||55.38 GB|
|June 2015||119,264||288,620||1,289,808||3,439,675||57.42 GB|
|April 2015||79,251||144,783||666,989||1,576,493||14.12 GB|
|March 2015||86,251||173,236||749,068||1,545,146||14.21 GB|
|February 2015||76,322||148,894||526,666||1,208,728||10.92 GB|
|January 2015||86,263||171,544||612,211||1,348,105||13.35 GB|
|December 2014||78,658||152,838||538,903||896,560||9.73 GB|
|November 2014||86,254||172,786||678,026||741,633||7.93 GB|
|October 2014||85,852||174,240||678,119||748,061||8.15 GB|
|September 2014||61,485||121,651||448,701||505,472||8.92 GB|
|August 2014||62,415||127,630||438,270||501,703||8.62 GB|
|July 2014||63,223||149,786||456,117||536,178||8.79 GB|
|June 2014||58,147||116,084||327,309||366,568||7.16 GB|
|May 2014||59,321||116,293||321,397||363,432||7.08 GB|
|April 2014||56,511||110,621||318,831||367,018||6.91 GB|
|March 2014||65,619||117,881||335,592||380,785||7.89 GB|
|February 2014||55,805||100,271||300,207||346,026||6.18 GB|
|January 2014||82,567||209,131||1,130,149||1,224,623||98.64 GB|
|July 2013||82,106||200,961||1,619,899||1,813,531||124.29 GB|
|June 2013||80,409||197,258||1,730,633||1,884,016||103.77 GB|
|May 2013||95,667||221,260||1,758,299||1,897,099||103.67 GB|
|April 2013||81,328||192,910||1,528,169||1,634,540||91.16 GB|
|March 2013||83,303||189,545||1,477,001||1,778,006||94.98 GB|
|February 2013||81,999||185,688||1,396,374||1,498,502||75.33 GB|
|January 2013||100,054||208,004||900,577||1,012,979||40.81 GB|
|December 2012||109,265||224,793||926,117||1,143,248||37.53 GB|
|November 2012||107,956||199,912||584,115||755,419||29.95 GB|
|October 2012||81,739||157,152||410,096||416,362||16.36 GB|
|September 2012||66,719||132,503||455,938||493,856||17.73 GB|
|August 2012||41,616||96,314||305,729||329,353||12.23 GB|
|July 2012||52,304||108,340||367,589||373,470||12.52 GB|
|June 2012||55,112||110,246||400,141||404,162||13.66 GB|
|May 2012||56,323||111,533||400,243||404,483||15.70 GB|
|April 2012||56,772||110,029||421,446||428,678||16.08 GB|
|March 2012||55,572||106,029||441,170||475,719||16.36 GB|
|February 2012||53,345||99,607||376,288||411,915||14.43 GB|
|January 2012||56,633||107,644||408,373||433,736||21.38 GB|
|December 2011||49,845||97,223||337,881||344,210||13.65 GB|
|November 2011||44,445||88,824||330,664||339,521||14.22 GB|
|October 2011||45,590||90,444||337,137||468,197||17.78 GB|
|September 2011||45,427||88,782||422,902||481,909||11.67 GB|
|August 2011||40,002||81,012||502,282||2,083,593||53.18 GB|
|July 2011||30,186||66,093||416,309||1,952,047||71.23 GB|
|June 2011||28,629||57,920||264,928||1,004,128||22.78 GB|
|May 2011||36,596||78,103||274,841||1,334,472||47.59 GB|
|April 2011||20,091||58,037||223,291||2,729,449||54.65 GB|
|March 2011||29,768||62,077||220,053||2,485,001||52.21 GB|
|February 2011||29,737||61,519||213,121||2,081,558||40.13 GB|
|January 2011||28,583||60,005||198,249||1,736,067||34.06 GB|
|December 2010||26,161||50,975||192,905||1,101,829||27.79 GB|
|November 2010||26,054||48,336||171,833||915,553||26.39 GB|
|October 2010||17,848||35,921||140,365||611,367||17.93 GB|
|September 2010||17,063||34,510||147,051||580,550||16.39 GB|
|August 2010||12,174||22,348||93,379||333,614||10.17 GB|
|July 2010||9,387||17,329||119,254||348,172||10.01 GB|
|June 2010||6,145||10,328||70,732||200,824||6.08 GB|
2. Our Webzine
In August, we added 74 pieces and more than 500 comments to our webzine.
3. August’s Top 20 Pieces
- Marian Van Court, “Cohousing: An Ancient Idea Whose Time Has Come”
- Juleigh Howard-Hobson, “Dispatch Two: How We Got Here and How You Can Too”
- Collin Cleary reviews Stephen McNallen’s Asatru: A Native European Spirituality
- Guillaume Durocher, “Is Alain Soral a Nazi?”
- Jef Costello, “I am a World-Historical Indidvidual”
- Tom Goodrich, “Dirty Japs,” Part 1
- Colin Liddel, “The Fish Rots from the Head”
- Brandon Martinez, “Alex Jones vs. David Duke: Some Thoughts”
- Greg Johnson, “The Trump Deportation Plan”
- Patrick Le Brun, “Lawfare in the Age of White Terror,” Part 1
- Julius Evola, “The Jewish Question in the Spiritual World”
- Tom Goodrich, “Dirty Japs,” Part 2
- William Solniger, “The Cuckservative“
- Greg Johnson, “White Civilization in the Dumpster”
- James J. O’Meara, From End of an Era: Mad Men and the Ordeal of Civility
- Greg Johnson, “H. P. Lovecraft’s The Shadow Over Innsmouth”
- James J. O’Meara, “‘The Name is Crowley . . . Aleister Crowley’ . . .”
- Ann Sterzinger, “Why are Social Justice Warrior’s Complaints So Bizarre?”
- Charles Jansen, “The Half-Life Combine Empire”
- Tonio Kröger, “Lars von Trier’s Breaking the Waves”
In August, we welcomed four new writers to our top 20: William Solniger, Ann Sterzinger, Charles Jansen, and Tonio Kröger. Greg Johnson had 3 top 20 articles; Tom Goodrich and James O’Meara each had 2; Marian Van Court, Juleigh Howard-Hobson, Collin Cleary, Guillaume Durocher, Jef Costello, Colin Liddell, Patrick Le Brun, and Julius Evola each had 1. Congratulations, and thanks, to you all
4. August’s Top Countries
- United States
- Great Britain
- Russian Federation
5. August’s Top Cities
- New York
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
- Los Angeles
Our top cities include 7 US cities (3 on the West Coast), 2 Canadian cities, 2 Australian cities, and 11 national capitals.
6. Our Book Publishing
In April, we published Collin Cleary’s What is a Rune?
In August, we published James J. O’Meara’s End of an Era: Mad Men and the Ordeal of Civility.
In September, we will release Jef Costello’s novel Heidegger in Chicago and a new collection of Greg Johnson’s writings called Truth, Justice, and a Nice White Country.
Later this autumn, we will release North American New Right, vol. 2; Julius Evola’s East and West; and Jef Costello’s essay collection The Importance of James Bond.
In April, Logik Forlag in Sweden published a Swedish edition of Greg Johnson’s New Right vs. Old Right, which is also coming out in French, Spanish, and Polish translations. Collin Cleary’s Summoning the Gods will appear in French translation. Andy Nowicki’s Under the Nihil and Lost Violent Souls will appear in Portuguese.
7. Our Amazon Affiliate Membership
In March, under pressure from the SPLC, which was amplified in the pages of the Washington Post, Amazon.com dropped Counter-Currents from its Affiliate Marketing program, which earned us about $6,000/year — a substantial financial hit to a business as small as ours. The SPLC’s aim, of course, is to put us out of business. Fortunately, our readers have rallied to our aid.
8. Counter-Currents Events
- On August 2nd, F. Roger Devlin spoke about and signed copies of his book Sexual Utopia in Power in Philadelphia.
- On August 16th, Greg Johnson gave a talk on H. P. Lovecraft’s The Shadow Over Innsmouth in New York City.
- In September, Greg Johnson will speak in Sweden.
- In October, Greg Johnson will speak in the U.K.
9. Six Easy Ways You Can Help Counter-Currents
- Like our Facebook page and recommend that your friends do as well: https://www.facebook.com/counter.currents.publishing.
- Review our books at Amazon.com.
- Link our articles and recommend them to your friends.
- Buy our books, which helps us break even.
- Donate, to keep us in the fight.
- Make a bequest in your will.
10. Our Mailing List
If you wish to join our mailing list for occasional sale announcements and fundraising appeals, fill out the form below:
None of this would be possible without our writers, donors, proofreaders, and above all, you, our readers. Thank you!
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 383 Greg Johnson & Morgoth on The Bridge on the River Kwai
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 380 Greg Johnson & Endeavour Discuss James Bond
Racial Solidarity & Moral Hazard
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 379 Ask Me Anything with Greg Johnson & Endeavour
Remembering Friedrich Nietzsche (October 15, 1844–August 25, 1900)
Remembering Aleister Crowley
(October 12, 1875–December 1, 1947)
Contre le sectarisme de droite
Qu’est-ce que l’Alt Right ?