Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 293
Jim Goad

181 words / 2:00:38

To listen in a player, click here. To download the mp3, right-click here and choose “save link as” or “save target as.”

On this episode of Counter-Currents Radio, Greg Johnson talks to Jim Goad, a well-known and highly prolific author and columnist. They discuss Jim’s tenure at Taki’s Magazine, some personal history, current events, and the two answer listener questions. Topics discussed include:

• 00:00:00 Jim’s history with Taki’s Magazine
  • 00:10:00 The evolution of Jim’s views
  • 00:18:45 The beef between Jim and Greg
  • 00:41:00 Right-wing interpreters of Hegel
  • 00:43:00 What motivates Leftists?
  • 01:01:00 The 1000 year Reich of racist comedy
  • 01:08:30 Thoughts on vegetarianism
  • 01:14:30 Jim’s creative process
  • 01:17:15 Anton LaVey
  • 01:21:15 Boyd Rice
  • 01:25:45 Would you move to escape the social collapse?
  • 01:40:00 David Cole

If you want to support our work, please send us a donation by going to our Entropy page and selecting “send paid chat.” Entropy allows you to donate any amount from $3 and up. All comments will be read and discussed in the next episode of Counter-Currents Radio, which airs every Friday.

Don’t forget to sign up for the twice-monthly email Counter-Currents Newsletter for exclusive content, offers, and news.

This entry was posted in Counter-Currents Radio and tagged , , . Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. paddy
    Posted October 6, 2020 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Holy shit this is the white pill I needed. I wll give both of you guys props for putting it behind you; you’re both fantastic writers and there are so few dissident voices. Two of my favourite minds breaking bread . This is good for all of us. Really glad to hear this.
    Jim , I know you dislike me but grouphug was genius and I wish you a ton of success in your next step. Let’s Rodney King the shit outta 2020 (the cant we all get along part , not the getting the shit beaten out of us by the cops/LA riots part). I tip my hat to both of you and thank you for all you do.

Joe Smith trs

2. Charlie1979
    Posted October 6, 2020 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

I’ve always appreciated Jim’s unwavering sincerity, humor and sharp yet brash intellect.

I am glad he is now joined with CC.

Greg, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

3. Alex Bell
    Posted October 6, 2020 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

This was a terrific conversation. Both Counter-Currents and Mr. Goad are going to gain a lot of new fans in the coming weeks.

4. Right_On
    Posted October 6, 2020 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

Glad to hear that Goad is now part of the C-C team.
    It’s a sign of the changing times that if, 20 years ago, I’d come across Jim Goad’s writings I would have thought: now this Mr Goad is making some excellent points. It’s a shame he has to spoil his case by using childish racist and sexist slurs. Today I find his work hilarious.
    So what’s changed? The difference is that we’re now living in a world where people take offence at such trite issues : someone once wore blackface, misspoke and said “colored people”, wants the next James Bond played by a white actor, said “niggardly”, . . .
    I now think: Blimey! If the woke are going to be so precious, so prissy, so petty then how would they react if I said THIS! Jim Goad says what we all want to say.
    Re The N-Word: Agatha Christie’s “And Then There Were None” was originally called “Ten Little Niggers” and was set on Nigger Island. It’s a crying shame that the first film version (René Clair, 1945) didn’t retain that wording as it would now be a camp classic.

5. dalai_lama_trapeze
    Posted October 7, 2020 at 12:02 am | Permalink

Goad & Jeelvy are a great 1-2 punch. Don’t get me wrong, I love the many various & often erudite contributors to Counter-Currents, but it’s nice to be slapped around over the morning coffee.

6. Voryn Illidari
    Posted October 7, 2020 at 3:55 am | Permalink

Just like the last talk with Mr. Goad, I sat through this one without stopping. Psyched that he is joining the crew!

7. Denim Wearer
    Posted October 7, 2020 at 6:22 am | Permalink

Exciting development. I wonder if the recent urban riots and blm shenanigans have shifted Jim Goad’s worldview more in our direction?

8. Vauquelin
    Posted October 7, 2020 at 9:01 am | Permalink

The news of A. Wyatt Mann’s outreach is great. CC can definitely use a more visual aspect.

9. Fisherman
    Posted October 7, 2020 at 10:50 am | Permalink

Glad you’ve escaped a bad female boss.

10. OMC
    Posted October 7, 2020 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Jim Goad is one of the few authors who is quotable.

11. Posted October 7, 2020 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

I am very happy to see Jim Goad will be writing at Counter Currents. Please also bring Chateau aboard as well. He is greatly missed.

12. Josephus Cato
    Posted October 9, 2020 at 2:22 am | Permalink

Who’s the “artiste” guy I keep hearing about in the podcast? How do you spell it?

• Scott Weisswald
      Posted October 9, 2020 at 3:23 am | Permalink

Chateau Heartiste, used to be really big in the “manosphere,” but was always above it. He is kind of silent now.

• Posted October 9, 2020 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Scott, thanks for the link to CH. The man has great insight and a way with words. Every post always gave me a good laugh and left me much better informed about the ways of women and the world in general.

13. Norman
    Posted October 9, 2020 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

JG is who we are.

14. Antidote
    Posted October 13, 2020 at 5:36 am | Permalink

I well remember the Taki’s Mag Comments Section in its heyday. I suspect it had originally been intended as a ‘Letters to the Editor’ sort of place where the articles could be critiqued or complimented, but it never was this at all. The articles were for the most part rudely ignored and some used the CS as a personal blog or a chat room. Towards the end it was a shit house of habarats, feds, snitches, moles, and rats. Some thought the plug was pulled because of the jewnaming; others because TM didn’t want the trouble and expense of moderating.
    In any case, I did opt for the ads free experience in order to comment on the articles from time to time. I’ll cancel this now and send the moolah (Taki’s word) to CC.

• Josephus Cato
      Posted October 13, 2020 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Interesting to know about the comments on Takimag. I’ve been reading Takimag religiously for about 3, 4 years now. So I missed out on the comments. Would have been nice to have conversed with like minded Taki readers as well the authors but from what you said the comment section there wasn’t so swell. I tried emailing David Cole from the email in the RSS feed, whatever the hell that is, but he either didn’t reply or it’s a fake meial. I pretty much just read Takimag for Goad and Cole. Nice to hear Goad’s taking it well, “moving on to greener pastures.” This is a big loss for Taki and shame on them for not paying Goad three months of that is in fact true.

15. anon215
    Posted October 20, 2020 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Good to see Jim Goad on here. There’s a noticeable difference in writing style in his first two pieces here. His writing was great at Taki’s, but his range of topics did seem to tread the same ground repeatedly. And now I know why.