Happy Columbus Day! Today we celebrate Christopher Columbus’ discovery of the New World, inaugurating European settlement in the Western Hemisphere. The day is a federal holiday in the United States. In recent decades, however, Columbus Day has been under attack by those who wish to delegitimize European civilization in the Americas. We wish to direct your attention to the following resources about Columbus, Columbus Day, and the European settlement of the Americas on this site:
- Francisco Albanese, “1492: The Clash of Civilizations and the Grey Legend.”
- Kevin Beary, “Life Styles: Native & Imposed.”
- Morris van de Camp, “Columbus’ Fourth Voyage.”
- Morris van de Camp, “The Florida BIPOC War.”
- Morris van de Camp, “How a Pennsylvania Race War Gave Birth to White America.”
- Morris van de Camp, “Jamestown, the Virginians, and Leadership.”
- Morris van de Camp, “The Massachusetts Flag & New England’s Indian Wars.”
- Morris van de Camp, “When Florida Was French.”
- Morris van de Camp, “Yankee Wisdom, Yankee Work: Henry Cabot Lodge and Frederick Winslow Taylor.”
- Jack Donovan, “Brave No More.”
- Fuerza Nacional-Identitaria, “Remembering September 11, 1541.”
- Fullmoon Ancestry, “Frontier Stories.”
- Jim Goad, “A Totally Racist Thanksgiving.”
- Thomas Goodrich, “A Fate Worse Than Death.”
- Thomas Goodrich, “Peaceful, Pastoral, Philosophical: The American Indian as Naked Naturalist.”
- Alex Graham, “Mel Gibson’s Apocalypto.”
- Andrew Hamilton, “Robert Frost’s ‘Directive’: A Quintessential Yankee Poem by New England’s Quintessential Yankee Poet.”
- Andrew Hamilton, “Shining Some Light on the Invisible Race.”
- Andrew Hamilton, “Race Hustle: The Crying Indian.”
- Robert Hampton, “1676: A Year That Shaped White America.”
- Robert Hampton, “‘Indigenous’ Isn’t Our Term.”
- Robert Hampton, “The Mission: Hollywood’s Take on Colonization.”
- Robert Hampton, “Puritanophobia.”
- Robert Hampton, “Sepulveda vs. Las Casas: A Battle Over Race in the Spanish Empire.”
- Thomas Jackson, “White Men Meet Indians: Jamestown and the Clash of Civilizations.”
- Greg Johnson, “The Autochthony Argument.” (in Czech, French, Spanish)
- D. H. Lawrence, “Fenimore Cooper’s Leatherstocking Novels.”
- Lawrence Lightfoot, “The Iconic Marginal Person.”
- Trevor Lynch, “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.”
- Trevor Lynch, “The Searchers.”
- Wayne Northrup, “The Canadian ‘Mass Graves’ Hoax.”
- Michael J. Polignano, “Indigenous Peoples Day.”
- Spencer J. Quinn, “Race in The Last of the Mohicans & its Major Motion Picture Adaptions.”
- Titus Quintus, “The Memory of Columbus in the Western Diaspora.”
- C. F. Robinson, “Chivington Did Nothing Wrong: The Sand Creek Massacre—An Honest Victory.”
- C. F. Robinson, “The Oh-So-Familiar Conflict of 1492.”
- C. F. Robinson, “Thanksgiving: The Only Holiday Unique to the American Ethny.”
- C. F. Robinson, “Welfare Terrorists: The Dakota War of 1862.”
- Mitch Smith, “What Defeat Looks Like.”
- Alan Smithee, “Falling for Lies at Standing Rock.”
- Fenek Solère, “Wobomagonda: The White Devil.”
- F. C. Stoughton, “‘Columbusing’ and ‘Cargo Culting’: Inconvenient Truths about Cultural Appropriation.”
- Leo Yankevich, “Promised Land.”
In support of Columbus Day education, a donor has offered us a $5,000 ALL-OR-NOTHING, ONE WEEK ONLY matching grant in honor of Columbus Day. This is a chance to make your donation go twice as far. But time and generosity are both of the essence. We have one week to reach $5,000. This offer ends on Friday, October 14th. Here’s how you can help.
The easiest way to send money to Counter-Currents is by e-check. It is as secure, fast, and convenient as a credit card. All you need is your checkbook.
E-checks don’t work outside the US, but we now have a new way to send recurring or one-time donations from outside the US for very low cost. For details, email [email protected].
2. Credit Cards
In 2019, Counter-Currents was de-platformed from five credit card processors. We applied to a couple of other processors but were turned down. In the process of applying, we discovered that Counter-Currents has been put on the so-called MATCH list, a credit card industry blacklist reserved for vendors with high rates of chargebacks and fraudulent transactions. This is completely inapplicable to Counter-Currents. Thus our placement on this list is simply a lie — a financially damaging lie — that is obviously political in motivation.
Currently, there are only two ways we can take credit card donations:
- CashApp as $CounterCurrents! CashApp allows you to make an instant credit card donation without a high processing fee. Plus, it gives us an encouraging mobile alert when you donate! Boost the Counter-Currents staff morale instantly! Donate via CashApp!
- Entropy, a site that takes donations and comments for livestreams. Visit our Entropy page and select “send paid chat.” Entropy allows you to donate any amount from $3 and up. All comments will be read and discussed in the next episode of Counter-Currents Radio, which airs every weekend.
3. Bank Transfers
It is also possible to support Counter-Currents with bank transfers. Please contact us at [email protected].
4. Gift Cards
Gift cards are a useful way to make donations. Gift cards are available with all the major credit cards as well as from major retailers. You can send gift cards as donations electronically, by-email, through the snail mail. If you can find a place that sells gift cards for cash, they are as anonymous as sending cash and much safer.
5. Cash, Checks and Money Orders
Sometimes the old ways are best. The least “de-platformable” way to send donations to Counter-Currents is to put a check or money order in the mail. Simply print and complete the Word or PDF donation form and mail it to:
Counter-Currents Publishing, Ltd.
P.O. Box 22638
San Francisco, CA 94122
Thank you, Boomers, for keeping your checkbooks, envelopes, and stamps. There are youngsters reading this site who have never written a check or put a letter in the mail.
6. Bill Payment Services
If you wish to make monthly donations by mail, see if your bank has a bill payment service. Then all you need to do is set up a monthly check to be dispatched by mail to our PO box. This check can be made out to Counter-Currents or to Greg Johnson. After the initial bother of setting it up, you never have to think about it again.
In addition to old-fashioned paper donations, those new-fangled crypto-currencies are a good way to circumvent censorious credit card corporations.
- Click here to go to our crypto donation page.
- Click here for a basic primer on how to get started using crypto. Do not, however, use COINBASE. COINBASE will not allow you to send money to Counter-Currents. (Yes, it is that bad.)
8. The Counter-Currents Foundation
Note: Donations to Counter-Currents Publishing are not tax deductible. We do, however, have a 501c3 tax-exempt educational corporation called The Counter-Currents Foundation. If you want to make a tax-deductible gift, please email me at [email protected]. You can send donations by mail to:
The Counter-Currents Foundation
P.O. Box 22638
San Francisco, CA 94122
9. Remember Us in Your Will
Finally, we would like to broach a very delicate topic: your will. If you are planning your estate, please think about how you can continue helping the cause even after you are gone. The essay “Majority Estate Planning” contains many helpful suggestions.
The Stolen Land Narrative
Remembering Martin Heidegger: September 26, 1889–May 26, 1976
The Captivity Narrative of Fanny Kelly
Bad to the Spone: Charles Krafft’s An Artist of the Right
Remembering Charles Krafft: September 19, 1947–June 12, 2020
Remembering Francis Parker Yockey: September 18, 1917–June 16, 1960
Diversity: Our Greatest Strength?
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 551: Ask Me Anything with Matt Parrott