Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 512
Jim Goad on Answer Me!
Last weekend, Greg Johnson welcomed Jim Goad back to Counter-Currents Radio to talk about Jim’s newly-reissued zine Answer Me!, the zine culture of the 1990s, Jim’s karaoke fundraiser for Counter-Currents, and listener questions, and it is now available for download and online listening.
Topics discussed include:
00:02:00 What is Answer Me?
00:07:51 Asian caricatures and the troubles of getting it printed
00:10:58 What was Jim doing before Answer Me?
00:13:59 On Debbie Goad
00:17:43 What music critics do you admire?
00:19:59 Did you plan to write more issues?
00:20:54 The obscenity trial over the rape issue
00:25:18 How did you promote Answer Me! before the Internet?
00;26:53 Where did the title come from?
00:29:21 How Jim got red-pilled
00:35:04 Why did you stop after four issues?
00:35:45 That time Jim was subpoenaed to DC to testify in court
00:36:04 That time Jim inspired an assassination attempt onf Bob Dole, and the three skinheads who killed themselves
00:38:03 That time Jim accidentally killed Kurt Cobain
00:39:59 When did you start writing for Taki?
00:43:25 Karaoke requests
00:45:32 On Davis Aurini
00:49:00 On Ann Sterzinger, Matt Forney, and the Groypers
01:03:31 In the 1990s, we had more free speech
01:09:29 What does Jim do to cultivate his creativity?
01:13:04 What is Jim’s writing schedule/routine?
01:15:50 Does Jim dance?
01:16:34 What martial arts has Jim done?
01:17:36 Does Jim play any musical instruments?
01:17:47 Greg on his dancing, singing, musical instruments, and sleep habits
01:20:24 That time Jim recorded an album of trucker rap and went on tour
01:22:25 Who are Jim’s favorite country artists?
01:26:13 Jim’s favorite female country singers
01:30:39 Favorite pop artists?
01:34:27 On Frank Rizzo
01:37:07 On The Steve Miller Band
01:38:26 Frankie Teardrop
01:40:31 On Adam Parfrey and Feral House
01:49:42 On Jim’s vocal singing range
01:53:10 Might Jim republish Chocolate Impulse?
To listen in a player, click here. To download, right-click the link and click “save as.”
* * *
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly email Counter-Currents Newsletter for exclusive content, offers, and news.
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate $120 or more per year.
- First, donor comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Second, donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Non-donors will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “Paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days.
- Third, Paywall members have the ability to edit their comments.
- Fourth, Paywall members can “commission” a yearly article from Counter-Currents. Just send a question that you’d like to have discussed to [email protected]. (Obviously, the topics must be suitable to Counter-Currents and its broader project, as well as the interests and expertise of our writers.)
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, sign up here:
Paywall Gift Subscriptions
- your payment
- the recipient’s name
- the recipient’s email address
- your name
- your email address
To register, just fill out this form and we will walk you through the payment and registration process. There are a number of different payment options.
Race War in the Outback
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 521 Daily Zoomer & Spencer J. Quinn Discuss The No College Club
Traditional French Songs from Le Poème Harmonique
The Worst Week Yet: January 22-28, 2023
The Wave: Fascism Reenacted in a High School
The Silent Plague of Elderly Asian Mass Shooters in California
What Went Wrong with America’s Universities?