There Has Never Been a Better Time to Be Alive
The Ultimate White Pill
My friends on the Right bemoan the fact that we’re not living in Leave It To Beaver. They play the “what era would you like to live in?” game, picking any time other than this one. Because this is the End Time, you see; the Kali Yuga, the Wolf Age. Hell, yes! It is all those things and more. But I, for one, feel privileged to live in Dystopia. Truly, there has never been a better time to be alive.
Why? Because we are living in one of those periods that witness the collapse of one thing and the beginning of another. There have been many of these. I lived through such a period thirty years ago when communism fell. This one is different, however, and not just because it touches me personally. We are witnessing the climax of historical processes that have been spiraling downward for more than a thousand years. We are witnessing the death of ideals (delusions, really) that have gripped the West roughly since Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity in the year 312.
Now and then we have a sense that we are living in history. Where were you when Reagan was shot, or when the Berlin Wall came down? Today, I have this sense all the time. I am living history, not just living in it. I am a part of a revolutionary movement that is – and I believe this is now unquestionable – on the ascendant. I see what others do not, or do not yet see. The volatility of the times affects me on a personal level. I am vulnerable to reprisals from the teetering but still very dangerous establishment – doxing, harassment, perhaps even imprisonment or death.
This last point was brought home to me in a major way last month when Greg Johnson was detained on arriving in the US to attend the AmRen conference. He was questioned by US government officials who refused to even give the name of the agency they worked for. A US citizen detained on re-entering the US; interrogated regarding his political views. That’s what things have come to. So thunderstruck was I by this turn of events, the most articulate thing I could manage to say to Greg was, “Things have really gotten real.” But that actually does sum up the current situation.
Yes, things have gotten really real. When I first aligned myself with the “Far Right,” almost twenty years ago, we didn’t expect events to move so quickly. We correctly identified all the decadent cultural trends, but still felt relatively comfortable. “Things probably won’t get really bad until after I’m dead,” I thought. I hoped for economic collapse (something all of us thought necessary to bring about a real reaction against the establishment). But I hoped it would happen after I died. Or that somehow it wouldn’t affect me personally. (“I want anarchy, but with full benefits,” I told a friend.) We also predicted that there would be a reaction against the Left in the form of a resurgent nationalism. But we didn’t think we’d live to see it.
How wrong we were. The decadent cultural trends have become dramatically worse just in the last three years or so. And the reaction is here, now; it is strong and it is growing. As an added bonus, the enemy is flipping out in ways I could never have conceived of ten years ago. There is every reason for hope. But there is also every reason to be afraid. Things are likely to get worse before they get better – and in some places things may not get better; they may be lost. If you identify with the Dissident Right, as I do, you and those you care for are in real peril.
But dammit, people, can you imagine a more exciting time to be alive?! Will you at least let me try to convince you of this? Of how lucky we are to be alive now, in these tumultuous times? Will you let me give you reasons to relish the present, and reasons to be hopeful about the future?
1. The rise of nationalism: Hungary, Poland, Estonia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Italy, Austria, Australia, Brazil, India, etc. The recent EU elections. The glorious ascendancy of Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party, which didn’t even exist six weeks before the elections! The probable death of the Labour-Conservative political establishment in the UK. And Jean-Claude Juncker’s classic “let them eat cake” response: “Stupid nationalists! In love with their own countries!” The stench of death now hangs over that man and what he stands for. And – how can I contain my ecstasy? – the demise of the pathetic Theresa May. She may have destroyed the “Conservative” Party. Now the only way they can hang onto power is to follow through on Brexit. (The Cunning of Reason at work yet again . . . )
2. The EU’s days may be numbered. Brexit was just the first sign of the people’s open revolt against globalist elites. And as I write this, the Yellow Vest protests in France are entering their sixth month.
3. That there is an immigration crisis in Europe and the US is now being admitted even by Leftists. The crisis is being pushed by NGOs moved by hatred of the West and white people. Just last week, Breitbart reported that US Border Patrol is seeing a “dramatic increase” in the number of African migrants caught illegally crossing the US-Mexico border. Quoth Breitbart:
Border Patrol agents have apprehended over 500 individuals from the continent of Africa in the Del Rio Sector since May 30, according to Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The migrants — most of them family units from Congo, Angola and Cameroon — are increasingly found trying to cross the Rio Grande River, exacerbating an immigration crisis primarily driven by Central Americans. . . . Border Patrol is not sure what routes these African migrants are taking to reach the U.S., but their increased presence at the U.S. southern border is further contributing to the immigration crisis.
How can one not see the hand of Soros in this? While the entire crisis – Africans and all – is extremely dangerous, it may also be the one thing that can destroy moderate liberals’ support for immigration. In “How White Liberals Will Wake up,” a highly intelligent essay published recently in The Unz Review, Patrick McDermott argues that moderate liberals will not “wake up” until they actually feel directly and personally threatened by immigration. One of several factors contributing to this will be “growing direct contact” with minorities. The extraordinary, recent spike in border crossings – a trend that will likely continue for some time – now virtually guarantees that only the wealthiest liberals will be able to completely shield themselves from the diversity they claim to celebrate.
4. We were kinda kidding when we began describing liberalism as a “mental illness.” Now it’s painfully apparent that this is literally true. The post-November 2016 triggering has been epic. And when Trump wins re-election (as he almost certainly will), expect heads to explode. Especially if Trump actually goes on to finally keep his promises in his second term.
5. What is it with these Leftists? Joe Biden just declared that “LGBTQ rights” will be his number one priority. He has also more-or-less endorsed the “Green New Deal,” which will cost $1.7 trillion if he is elected. The dim Dems keep screaming for impeachment and Nancy Pelosi may soon no longer be able to control them. Do any of these people ever stop to consider whether these are winning issues with average Americans? Are they gluttons for defeat? Idealists who’d rather lose than abandon their principles? No, it’s much weirder than that. They only read and only believe their own press. That “living in a bubble” / “echo chamber” stuff is 100% true. The Dems live in an alternate reality. Isn’t that fascinating? And isn’t it lucky for us?
6. The Left’s greatest enemy is their own lack of self-knowledge. One would have thought that Hillary’s catastrophic loss (all directly attributable to the bubble/echo chamber phenomenon) would have been an occasion for self-examination. But we should know by now that human beings, especially ideologues, will do almost anything to avoid serious introspection. This includes the people in power. For years I naïvely thought that those people were at least intelligent and prudent, even if they were bad and corrupt. Silly me. There was no need for liberals to question their beliefs or their game plan given that they knew the whole election had been stolen for Trump by Russia. The “Russia Collusion” hoax is going to go down as one of the greatest mass delusions in political history. It has altogether destroyed the credibility of vast numbers of journalists and politicians. And though it has been thoroughly debunked, still the desperate Left holds on. Just a month ago, the bitch was still claiming that the election had been “stolen” from her.
7. The Left has now moved completely away from championing the interests of working people. You can’t champion the interests of the working people of your own country and advocate unchecked migration at the same time. You can’t pretend to give a damn about the fact that our government can’t take care of the poor, homeless, and dope-addicted citizens it’s already got – and call for the open importation of migrants who will inevitably be dependent on government largesse. The real truth is that the Left has nothing but contempt for working people, especially of the white variety. They would happily see them replaced by non-white migrants, with whom they think they will seldom ever have to interact. Well, except at Pret-a-Manger. Watch this British Leftist defend immigration with that timeless question, “Who will serve us our coffee and sandwiches at Pret?” She might as well have asked “Who will empty the royal chamber pot and dance a jig when we are bored?”
Working people, who are smarter than liberal elites, see all this for what it is. US studies from shortly after the 2016 election show that working people now perceive Democrats as the “party of the rich.” Of course, it’s more complicated than that: Democrats are the party of rich-woke-college-educated-elites, the sexually odd, and the non-white lumpen proletariat. It is the complete irrelevance of the Left to the concerns of gainfully employed, average white working people that gave us Trump and Brexit. And just to prove they really do hate ordinary working people, the Left in the US now advocates the abolition of the Electoral College, which would disenfranchise millions of rural and small-town voters, and put elections under the control of a few densely-populated urban areas. If they carry through on this plan, we will see a push to partition the country and, if this is denied us, a second civil war.
8. The descent of the Left into complete and total degenerate madness. Transgender is a form of tyranny. It’s about intimidating normal, honest people into paying lip service to a lie. It’s about humiliation. It’s about training people to kowtow to outrageous falsehoods. A classic “Emperor’s New Clothes” situation: only immoral people would deny that this guy is a gal. You don’t want to be one of those bad people, do you? You want to keep your job, right? My friends, people can’t put up with bullshit like this indefinitely. The backlash has already begun. Recently, in a refreshing gesture towards sanity, USA Powerlifting banned “transgender athletes” from competition. Kiddie drag queens have arrived. As well as drag queens reading stories to children. Then there is the inevitable push to normalize pedophilia. The Left now even defends MS-13. Folks, this is way beyond Weimar Germany. And what happened to that? Remind me?
9. Leftist-controlled cities have entered into what I call “Late-Stage Liberalism.” San Francisco is now literally a shithole. Seattle is strewn with needles. When a liberal Seattleite complained to a city council member about the homeless encampment near his house, the woman replied, “What is this, Nazi Germany?” And recently we learned that bubonic plague has come to Los Angeles. Liberal cities are on the precipice. The only way to rescue them is to reject liberal policies. This is coming, though things will get far worse before they get better.
10. The triumph of Nietzsche! It has become increasingly obvious that the only way to explain the most extreme and obscene of the current Leftist follies is by means of Nietzsche’s theory of slave morality: moved by ressentiment against their betters, the weak, ugly, and defective attempt to undermine all that is strong, beautiful, noble, and healthy. The parade of freaks we’ve seen just in the last few years, wailing about their feelings, attacking everything that is decent and normal, would certainly have made Nietzsche blush. Yes, it’s quite true that liberalism is a complex phenomenon and that there are some decent and honest liberals who feel they are morally obliged to take their positions. The trouble, however, is that they get their marching orders from those much further to the Left, almost all of whom are poster children for slave morality.
This is one of the psychological oddities of liberalism: the inability of moderate liberals to really take a stand against the radical nutjobs. They are possessed, you see, by the nagging sense that those radicals represent a “purer,” more committed form of their own idealism. This is why even most moderate Leftists will hesitate before condemning Communist tyranny. They have guilty consciences. They see that the far, far Left is where their ideals would take them, if they were just consistent and hardcore enough. And they are right. Nietzsche has triumphed because today we see the quintessence of the Left laid bare as open, undisguised, flaunted slave morality. Open, undisguised, flaunted hatred of the good by the twisted and abnormal.
It is really this that I was referring to when I said earlier that we are witnessing the climax of historical processes that have been spiraling downward for more than a thousand years. It began with the importation into the West of the Jewish bacillus of Christianity. The Reformation began the process of denuding that religion of the supernatural and moving it toward a pure and simple moral fanaticism set against life and human nature. Leftism is just Protestant Christianity secularized and radicalized, made truer to its poisonous essence. And in the twisted, soy-fueled faces of today’s Leftists, the horror of the whole thing is finally unmasked: the great, yawning maw of the volcanic demon Yahweh, whose foul spirit devours healthy men and nations from the inside out. This is the horror’s final stage. This is the significance of the time we are living in.
11. Perhaps the scariest thing facing us – aside from the replacement of our people by potentially unremovable Untermenschen – is censorship. We’ve been able to make such great strides precisely because of our use of the Internet. I recently chatted with a group of conservative college students who, it turned out, were about as redpilled as your average AmRen conference attendee (two of them were even savvy on the JQ). Names like Red Ice, VDARE, Lauren Southern, Paul Joseph Watson, and Milo were bandied about. These kids came to all of this through the Internet. And now, we fear, our bully pulpit seems like it’s going to be taken from us. Conservatives – even relatively conventional ones like Milo – are being banned from social media, deplatformed, demonetized, refused PayPal accounts, refused credit card accounts, and even refused AirBNB. But the tech giants have overplayed their hand. The one-sided censorship is so outrageous, it is drawing significant media attention. Companies like CrossFit have bailed from Facebook in protest. And there are rumblings in DC about regulating these companies as public utilities . . . . To avoid this, to tamp down the criticism, and head off the launching of rival, censor-free platforms, companies like Google, YouTube, and Facebook may pull back on the censorship. Let’s hope.
12. American liberals, led by academics, are floating a new trial balloon: We have to do away with freedom of speech. Stanford University Press has just brought out a Leftist screed titled The Cult of the Constitution, with the ominous subtitle Our Deadly Devotion to Guns and Free Speech. This crap has worked in Europe (which has never had real freedom of speech anyway; not even in the UK, from which we are supposed to have inherited our “constitutional traditions”). It’s not going to work here. But it’s great that they’re trying: let them make their agenda crystal clear.
13. They’re censoring us – and shouting us down, and chasing us out of restaurants, and banning our books, and getting us fired from our jobs – because they know, at some level, that they cannot win against us in open, honest debate. Their hysterical attempts to silence us are just a concession of defeat. As a recent essay on this Website put it: “The Left has yet to realize that every time they try and censor us or punish us for our views, they make us stronger.” The truth is out and the truth is spreading. They can’t stop it now.
14. And, stepping back from the awful business of censorship for a moment, isn’t it interesting how the “central control” mode of totalitarianism has been abandoned in favor of a system in which private companies do the Left’s dirty work for them? And can defend it in the name of “free enterprise” and “property rights”? Once again, reality proves much more interesting than fiction. None of our dystopian novelists predicted this. What a terrible and terribly interesting time this is.
15. The death of the establishment media. It has been widely reported that CNN’s ratings are in freefall. This has especially been the case since Robert Mueller’s admission that there is no evidence of “Russia collusion.” But it is simply the continuation of a trend that has been in place for some time. The median age of CNN viewers is 60; that of FOX and MSNBC, 65. Viewership of the news segments of the “big three” (ABC, NBC, and CBS) is similarly geriatric. And circulation of major newspapers like the Washington Post and the New York Times is dwindling. The “legacy media” will probably be deader than a doornail in a generation. And much of this has to do with the fact that the bias is way too obvious: too many mainstream journalists have been exposed as activists, and no longer have any credibility. Twenty years ago, us Right wingers kept asking, “When are people going to wake up?” I’ve got news for you: they have.
16. Related point: the alternative media now reigns supreme. And all the energy is on the Right. As we all know, the Left cannot even meme.
17. Criticism of Israel and Jewish influence is becoming more open, more frequent, and widely reported. This is thanks primarily to Leftists like Ilhan Omar and Jill Stein. This is a win-win situation for us. The word gets out (even if reported with the usual handwringing and accusations of “anti-Semitism”), and at least gears in some heads begin to turn. And less Jewish money will get dumped into Leftist coffers. It’s also great that some parts of the US are passing laws criminalizing criticism of Israel – laws which will not hold up to challenge in higher courts. It’s a great way to get people thinking.
18. The “Russia Collusion” delusion is nothing compared to “global warming” hysteria, which grips the entire West. Recently, no less an environmental maven than Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore declared, in an interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Tonight, that global warming is essentially a fraud. Moore stated that governments are pushing the global warming narrative (recently rebranded as “climate change”) in order to “further centralize political power and control”:
The green politicians . . . are buying scientists with government money to produce fear for them in the form of scientific-looking materials. And then you’ve got the green businesses, the rent-seekers, and the crony capitalists who are taking advantage of massive subsidies, huge tax write-offs, and government mandates requiring their technologies to make a fortune on this. And then, of course, you’ve got the scientists who are . . . basically hooked on government grants.
Famously, none of the dire predictions made by climate change hysterics has come true. New York City was supposed to be underwater by summer 2015. Just recently, Glacier National Park in Montana began quietly removing its “Gone by 2020” signs. The Doomsday date has been revised to 2050. As others have pointed out, “climate change” is essentially a millenarian religious cult which keeps changing the date of the apocalypse. The fraud is becoming increasingly obvious, and this will have the useful effect of further eroding the people’s trust in government, in academia, and in anything about which there is a “consensus” of authorities.
19. The death of academia. Declining birthrates, soaring costs, and growing skepticism about the value of a university education mean that enrollments are dwindling. In a trend expected to continue, smaller colleges and universities around the US have been closing. And in certain fields, the number of majors is rapidly declining. Among the hardest hit are English, History, German, and Sociology. Academics like to attribute these diminishing numbers to the vulgarity of American culture. But surely much of the reason students no longer flock to these majors, and employers no longer value them, is that they have become rancidly politicized. The disappearance of certain fields of study is a tragedy, but the truth is that PC academics gutted them years ago. As a society, we will be better off with fewer colleges, and fewer professors in the humanities and social sciences.
20. A related point: It looks like philosophy, music, poetry, painting, sculpture, drama, film (for the most part), and the novel are pretty much dead. Yes, now and then we find some good work. The composers who are any good (e.g., Ennio Morricone, Arvo Pärt) are all very old. I can’t even name any of today’s poets, painters, sculptors, or dramatists. The best filmmakers (e.g., Martin Scorsese, David Lynch) are all old men. I do like Christopher Nolan’s films (he turns 49 in July). Are there any important novelists? I admire Tito Perdue’s works, but he’s not widely read. And is anything of any consequence at all being done in philosophy these days? Mediocrities like Sartre and Camus now seem like giants compared to the microorganisms that pass for philosophers today, none of whom I can name.
So, why is this a good thing? Because, again, we stand on the threshold. One of the reasons for the mediocrity (worse than that, really) in the humanities and the arts is, of course, the stranglehold of political correctness. Poetry and fiction must now be “relevant” – celebrating women, minorities, the transgendered, gays, furries, the homeless, dope-addicted dwarfs, crippled lesbians. Philosophy must be “feminist philosophy,” “Latino/Latina philosophy,” “philosophy of race,” “post-colonial philosophy,” “African philosophy,” or, heaven help us, “Africana philosophy.” In music and the arts, we see a real slave revolt. Beauty and harmony are passé. Ugliness reigns supreme. Truly, as Paul Joseph Watson has put it, modern art is crap. I can promise you, however, that this will not last. And I am 100% certain of this. The reason is that people need philosophy and the arts. They need them like they need food, air, and water – just not as urgently. The stranglehold of PC ideology cannot last, because no ideology set against life and reality can last. What will the new forms and movements of art and philosophy be? No one can possibly say. Again, we are moving through a time in which certain historical forces that have held sway for centuries now seem to be playing themselves out. Freed of this yoke, what will we do? The possibilities are endless.
You must understand one thing: We are not conservatives. I may speak that way sometimes when I get lazy. And sometimes it seems appropriate, since what we advocate is, in many ways, a revival of certain forms and truths that have been undermined or forgotten. But these will not reassert themselves in the exact same ways they did in the past. My aim is not to return to some earlier period in history. My aim is to unplug history and plug it back in again. It would be closer to the mark for me to call myself an archeo-futurist. I am certainly a revolutionary. To be a witness to these times is an extraordinary privilege. To act as a revolutionary, to influence the times, to do something, anything, to accelerate the process – I can conceive of nothing more important and meaningful than this. There is no earlier time period in which I could have lived a more exciting and meaningful life.
So stop your whining and embrace the fact that you live on the edge – that your whole damn culture is on the edge. This makes life sweeter – at least for certain sorts of souls. We live on the edge and risk ourselves fighting vile and corrupt, but still-powerful, enemies. We do not do this so that our descendants can live without risk. That’s one of the ideals that has produced the Last Mannish world in which we now live. No, we fight this fight so that our descendants might take undreamed-of risks, in the full knowledge of who they are, and in full possession of their homelands and heritage. And we fight this fight joyously. Cheerfully, we stare decadence in the face, as we sharpen our scythes.
How would we live otherwise? We imagine we’d like to live in the world we claim to be fighting for. Basically, this would be a world in which the yoke of liberal egalitarianism and anti-white hatred has been thrown off; a world in which white homelands have been reclaimed and multiculturalism is dead; a world in which all peoples are “nationalist” – all put their own people and culture first. But, like Moses, it may not be our destiny to see this Promised Land. Our role is to clear a path to it. And if we actually arrived there, we’d probably be like the washed-up superheroes in Watchmen: fat, bored, and unappreciated.
Embrace the present. Embrace the fact that you are a world-historical individual. And behave accordingly.
Enjoyed this article?
Be the first to leave a tip in the jar!
Are We (Finally) Living in the World of Atlas Shrugged? Part 2
Black Friday Special: It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas
Are We (Finally) Living in the World of Atlas Shrugged? Part 1
Aleister Crowley jako politický teoretik, část 2
The Rise of Jackson Hinkle: Is Twitter’s #1 Anti-Zionist Influencer /OurGuy/?
What’s the Matter with “Social Metaphysics”?
Aleister Crowley jako politický teoretik, část 1
Taking Superman Seriously: Mitch Horowitz and Muscular New Thought, Part 1