Painter, ceramicist, poet, and political provocateur Charles Wing Krafft was born on this day in Seattle in 1947. Charlie was a friend of Counter-Currents from the start. He appeared on Counter-Currents Radio podcasts, attended Counter-Currents retreats, spoke at Counter-Currents events, contributed artworks for the front covers and blurbs for the backs of Counter-Currents books, and even made original artworks to commemorate H. P. Lovecraft and Francis Parker Yockey. Thus, Counter-Currents is an ideal place to learn about Charlie’s life, work, and ideas.
Counter-Currents also published a collection of Charlie’s writings and interviews last year entitled Charles Krafft: An Artist of the Right.
By Charles Krafft
- “Charles Krafft at the London Forum: My Life as a Dissident”: video, transcript
- “Grace Under Pressure: Life as a Thought Criminal”: audio, transcript
- “The Handshake.”
- Interview with Charles Krafft, 2012: audio (part 1, part 2)
- Interview with Charles Krafft, 2013: audio, transcript
- Interview with Charles Krafft, 2014: audio, transcript
- Horus the Avenger interviews Charles Krafft: transcript (part 1, part 2)
- Robert Stark Interviews Charles Krafft: transcript
- “The Problem with the Arts”: video
- “What’s Wrong with the Arts”: audio, transcript
About Charles Krafft
- Jef Costello, “Bi-Coastal Adventures in Modern Art.”
- Greg Johnson speaks to Horus the Avenger about Charles Krafft, podcast
- Greg Johnson, “Charles Krafft’s Francis Parker Yockey Commemorative Plates.”
- Greg Johnson, “The Counter-Currents H. P. Lovecraft Prize for Literature.”
- Greg Johnson, “Freude durch Krafft.”
- Greg Johnson, “The Persecution of Charles Krafft.”
- Greg Johnson, “Remembering Charles Wing Krafft: September 19, 1947-June 12, 2020.”
- John Morgan on Charles Krafft, podcast
- F. C. Stoughton, “An Open Letter to Kurt Anderson on Charles Krafft.”
- F. C. Stoughton, “Home Remedies for Hitler Hysteria Prescribed by the New Right Avant-Garde.”
- Sandy Wolfe-Murray, “A Nice Cup of Tea and a Smile.”
- Gene Yamnaya, “In Remembrance of Charles Wing Krafft.”
- David Yorkshire, “The Alt Right and the Arts.”
- David Yorkshire, “The Arts and Metapolitics,” podcast
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate at least $10/month or $120/year.
- Donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Everyone else will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days. Naturally, we do not grant permission to other websites to repost paywall content before 30 days have passed.
- Paywall member comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Paywall members have the option of editing their comments.
- Paywall members get an Badge badge on their comments.
- Paywall members can “like” comments.
- Paywall members can “commission” a yearly article from Counter-Currents. Just send a question that you’d like to have discussed to [email protected]. (Obviously, the topics must be suitable to Counter-Currents and its broader project, as well as the interests and expertise of our writers.)
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, please visit our redesigned Paywall page.
Remembering Savitri Devi (September 30, 1905–October 22, 1982)
Politics vs. Self-Help
Remembering Martin Heidegger: September 26, 1889–May 26, 1976
Bad to the Spone: Charles Krafft’s An Artist of the Right
Remembering Francis Parker Yockey: September 18, 1917–June 16, 1960
Diversity: Our Greatest Strength?
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 551: Ask Me Anything with Matt Parrott
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 550: Catching Up with Matt Parrott