Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 467 Riley Waggaman on Russian COVID JournalismCounter-Currents Radio
Journalist Riley Waggaman, formerly of Press TV and Russia Today and now of the Edward Slavsquat blog, was host Greg Johnson’s guest on the latest broadcast of Counter-Currents Radio, where they discussed the two faces of Russian COVID journalism, and it is now available for download and online listening.
Topics discussed include:
03:50 Was there a difference between what Russia was saying internally about COVID vs. externally?
13:12 What motivates Russia Today (RT, the news outlet)?
16:20 Can you think of examples of RT promoting COVID paranoia?
24:51 How has the war on Ukraine impacted you?
32:59 On the excellence of American intelligence in Ukraine
36:43 Does Washington think the Ukraine War can induce regime change in Russia?
40:43 Is there a way that both globalist empires could lose this conflict?
41:33 Do you realize that Russia is still transiting gas straight through Ukraine?
42:52 An upside of the war is the rearming of Europe
44:55 Might the conflict spill outside of the Ukraine?
47:54 Tell us about your work
50:28 Does hyper-distrust help or hurt the establishment?
To listen in a player, click here. To download, right-click the link and click “save as.”
* * *
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly email Counter-Currents Newsletter for exclusive content, offers, and news.
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate $120 or more per year.
- First, donor comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Second, donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Non-donors will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “Paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days.
- Third, Paywall members have the ability to edit their comments.
- Fourth, Paywall members can “commission” a yearly article from Counter-Currents. Just send a question that you’d like to have discussed to [email protected]. (Obviously, the topics must be suitable to Counter-Currents and its broader project, as well as the interests and expertise of our writers.)
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, sign up here:
Paywall Gift Subscriptions
- your payment
- the recipient’s name
- the recipient’s email address
- your name
- your email address
To register, just fill out this form and we will walk you through the payment and registration process. There are a number of different payment options.
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 474 Anthony Bavaria Brings the Best Month Ever on The Writers’ Bloc
Remembering Philip Larkin:
August 9, 1922–December 2, 1985
The Journey: Russian Views, Part One
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 473 Ask Me Anything with Greg Johnson
The China Question
Remembering Knut Hamsun
(August 4, 1859–February 19, 1952)
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 472 Hwitgeard on The Writers’ Bloc
Ask A. Wyatt Nationalist Is it Rational for Blacks to Distrust Whites?