Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 210
Interview with Michael Walker
Audio version: To listen in a player, use the one above or click here. To download the mp3, right-click here and choose “save link as” or “save target as.” To subscribe to the CC podcast RSS feed, click here.
Greg Johnson, John Morgan, and Michael Polignano reconvene for a new weekly Counter-Currents Radio podcast. This week, we interview author and founder of the British New Right magazine The Scorpion, Michael Walker.
- Introduction: 0:17
- What led Michael Walker to create The Scorpion: 3:05
- What was the rationale for naming the publication “The Scorpion“: 10:45
- What kind of circulation did The Scorpion have: 18:00
- Was anyone else involved with the production of The Scorpion: 19:27
- The issue of Anglo-Saxon anti-intellectualism: 21:30
- Walker’s opinion of populism, the Alt Right, and alternative media: 23:45
- How the Right in Britain today compares to how it was in 1981: 32:25
- How most people are only concerned with peace and prosperity: 37:42
- The extreme reaction of the Left to Brexit and Trump’s election: 41:07
- Nigel Farage’s call for a second Brexit referendum: 53:52
- The Austrian election: 57:55
- How the Austrian election and the new ÖVP is an example of ideological hegemony: 63:20
- Walker’s career as a playwright and what he hopes to accomplish with it: 69:03
- The importance of making political and metapolitical work financially possible: 81:40
- Walker’s recollections of Jonathan Bowden: 87:00
* * *
If you would like to help Counter-Currents fight back from deplatforming attacks, please consider making a donation. There are several ways to do so.
First, you can use a credit card.
Our Bitcoin address is: 1ChE5DZVVZJpv8mnJ3fRrtSDrTikBh7uFL
In the coming weeks, we will begin accepting donations in all digital currencies, and we will publish a tutorial on how you can begin using them.
Finally, you can also mail donations to:
PO Box 22638
San Francisco, CA 94122
We are profoundly grateful for the outpouring of generosity from a large number of readers. But we need to hear from all of you. Especially from our monthly donors. Please renew today.
Winter is coming for white advocacy. We must be industrious ants, building up capital and bracing ourselves for further attacks and deplatforming. We can no longer be happy-go-lucky grasshoppers, depending on the kindness and fair play of capitalists. Fear not, we will never quit. But we need to build new institutions, an integrated electronic ethnostate offering everything from domain registration to webhosting to DDOS protection to mailing list management — all controlled by our movement. This is a huge task, and we obviously should have started building it years ago. But when you donate, you are helping us build it today.
Thank you for your loyal readership and generosity.
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 335 Dark Enlightenment
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 334 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord
Remembering Jonathan Bowden (April 12, 1962–March 29, 2012)
Today’s Livestream: Ask Counter-Currents with Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Frodi Midjord
An Interview with Béla Incze: The Man Who Destroyed a BLM Statue
The Oslo Incident
Mihai Eminescu: Romania’s Morning Star
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 333 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord