Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 496 The Ukraine Debate AfterpartyCounter-Currents Radio
Greg Johnson held an impromptu afterparty and Ask Me Anything following his debate on the Ukraine war with Mark Collett on Saturday, and the recording is now available for download and online listening.
Topics discussed include:
First half (49:32)
02:22 What are some graphic novels you would recommend?
03:38 Greg, are you still on the keto diet? How’s that going?
06:55 When should conservatives be progressive?
08:26 On the differing levels of conviction between the Right and the Left
10:37 Summary of the debate with Mark Collett
11:20 Nicholas R. Jeelvy’s initial assessment of the debate
17:00 Gaddius Maximus’ analysis
22:23 “Liberals don’t fuck around”
24:32 If the Pro-Ukrainian Left loses in Ukraine, they will take it out on domestic dissidents
27:54 White Nationalists who support the invasion are endangering the entire movement
30:32 Poll results on attitudes towards the invasion
33:20 On Ruuben Kaalep
35:18 On people who “let their enemies choose their friends”
37:08 On pragmatism and Realpolitik
38:39 If it’s bad for the Jews, it’s good for us, right?
45:35 The West vs. former Communist countries
Second half (51:26)
00:29 Vladimir Putin sounds like he’s auditioning for BLM
04:29 How Northwestern Europeans are trusting to a fault
05:58 How some Serbs self-identify as . . . Native Americans
10:40 Putin’s rhetoric of “imperialism” is recycled Communist-speak
11:58 Don’t support Putin just because he opposes transsexuality
13:23 How supporting Putin is like pathological altruism
17:48 Origins of Azov and “lending verbal help” to Putin
22:02 On the narrative that Communism had conservative effects
27:11 Is Putin a pious Orthodox Christian?
33:08 On the importance of unity among White Nationalists
35:16 Support for Putin is cuckoldry (Greg Johnson’s satire of Dugin, “North Americanism: A Cautionary Tale.”)
38:44 On paid Russia-shills
* * *
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly email Counter-Currents Newsletter for exclusive content, offers, and news.
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate $120 or more per year.
- First, donor comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Second, donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Non-donors will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “Paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days.
- Third, Paywall members have the ability to edit their comments.
- Fourth, Paywall members can “commission” a yearly article from Counter-Currents. Just send a question that you’d like to have discussed to [email protected]. (Obviously, the topics must be suitable to Counter-Currents and its broader project, as well as the interests and expertise of our writers.)
- Fifth, Paywall members will have access to the Counter-Currents Telegram group.
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, sign up here:
Paywall Gift Subscriptions
- your payment
- the recipient’s name
- the recipient’s email address
- your name
- your email address
To register, just fill out this form and we will walk you through the payment and registration process. There are a number of different payment options.
Black History Month Resources
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 521 Daily Zoomer & Spencer J. Quinn Discuss The No College Club
Greg Johnson Speaks to Horus the Avenger About Charles Krafft
A Political Prisoner on the Meaning of January 6
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 520 Inside Serbia with Marko of Zentropa
Spencer J. Quinn & Pox Populi Discuss The No College Club
The Populist Moment, Chapter 11, Part 4: “Multitudes” Against the People
Against White Unionism