Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 464 Mike from Imperium Press on George Sorel’s Reflections on ViolenceCounter-Currents Radio
161 words / 1:24:58
Host Greg Johnson welcomed Mike from Imperium Press back to the show on the latest broadcast of Counter-Currents Radio to discuss Georges Sorel’s On Violence, which was recently published by Imperium, and it is now available for download and online listening.
Topics discussed include:
01:02 Who was George Sorel?
07:33 Why did Sorel, a Marxist, hate progressives?
11:42 Sorel also criticized the working class
16:07 What were his views on violence?
17:00 On the distinction between “force” and “violence”
20:52 What is syndicalism?
29:53 On Sorel’s Right-wing values
35:16 “Utopia” vs. “myth”
42:40 Other than the nation, what myths can drive politics?
46:48 Question: “As nationalists, how do you reconcile the importance of class analysis with the necessity of hierarchy?”
54:13 “You can’t think your way out of nihilism”
1:00:15 On morale, vitality, and embattlement
1:06:47 On the sublime
1:09:58 On the value of irony to the Right
1:15:41 “Vico is our Marx, only better” (Greg Johnson’s “Our Marx, Only Better: Vico and Modern Anti-Liberalism“)
1:20:53 Imperium Press’ contact details
To listen in a player, click here. To download, right-click the link and click “save as.”
* * *
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly email Counter-Currents Newsletter for exclusive content, offers, and news.
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate $120 or more per year.
- First, donor comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Second, donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Non-donors will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “Paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days.
- Third, Paywall members have the ability to edit their comments.
- Fourth, Paywall members can “commission” a yearly article from Counter-Currents. Just send a question that you’d like to have discussed to [email protected]. (Obviously, the topics must be suitable to Counter-Currents and its broader project, as well as the interests and expertise of our writers.)
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, sign up here:
Paywall Gift Subscriptions
- your payment
- the recipient’s name
- the recipient’s email address
- your name
- your email address
To register, just fill out this form and we will walk you through the payment and registration process. There are a number of different payment options.
Enjoyed this article?
Be the first to leave a tip in the jar!
Christmas Special: Merry Christmas, Infidels!
Using Politics to Segregate the Sexes
David Zsutty Introduces the Homeland Institute: Transcript
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 561: An All-Star Thanksgiving Weekend Special
We Have Much to be Thankful For
Black Friday Special: It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas
Nueva Derecha vs. Vieja Derecha, Capítulo 12: La Cuestión Cristiana en el Nacionalismo Blanco