Happy Independence Day to our American readers!
It is easy for race-conscious Americans to become cynical about July 4th, which is now an occasion for celebrating an egalitarian civil religion fabricated from a misinterpreted line in the Declaration of Independence, “. . . all men are created equal . . . ,” sometimes paired with a line from Martin Luther King, Jr., the last person on earth who wanted to be judged by the content of his character.
No, Jefferson the slave owner was not envisioning a society in which all races had equal standing. Even if all men have the same rights, that doesn’t imply that they are all good fits for the same polity, and Jefferson had no illusions about blacks and whites being able to be free and equal in the same political system. Instead, Jefferson’s “created equal” line was simply a denial of the principle of hereditary monarchy and aristocracy upheld by England. Jefferson denied hereditary rule in favor of republicanism, which is the system of government put in place after the Revolution. The American Constitution says nothing about universal human equality, but it does prohibit hereditary offices and titles, which is the substance of “all men are created equal.”
I refuse to let a dying demographic of media believers spoil my Independence Day with their empty egalitarian pieties. I just tune them out. In truth, America is ours. As I argue in my essay “American Ethnic Identity,” Americans are a distinct white ethnic group. Thus genuine American nationalism is a form of White Nationalism, as I argue in my essays “What Is American Nationalism?” and “Is White Nationalism Un-American?”
America was never a color-blind liberal meritocracy. It was a society founded by and for white people, which maintained a frankly white supremacist immigration system until 1965 and to this day remains so “normatively white” that Leftists and non-whites will never stop seething about “racism.” They should be the ones boycotting the fireworks, not us.
Yes, America was not without flaws and contradictions, which is what led us to the present mess. But as with the whole of white civilization, White Nationalists are the true heirs of America as well, since we are the only ones who can preserve what is best in it and pass it on to future generations.
Counter-Currents stresses the importance of ideas: Free your mind and your nation will follow. Here are a few articles and reviews that challenge the liberal-egalitarian interpretation of American history and identity.
- Ricardo Duchesne, “The Straussian Assault on America’s European Heritage.”
- Fullmoon Ancestry, “Let Freedom Ring.”
- Jim Goad, “Never Trust a White Rapper.”
- Alex Graham, “John C. Calhoun’s Illiberal Political Thought.”
- Alex Graham, “Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence.”
- Andrew Hamilton, “The Fourth of July, 2014.”
- Andrew Hamilton, “The Hamilton Cult.”
- Robert Hampton, “The Empire of Nothing vs. the Historic American Nation.”
- Robert Hampton, “Our Flag.”
- Robert Hampton, “The Star-Spangled Banner: A Protest Song for Nationalists.”
- Gregory Hood, “For Others and Their Posterity.”
- Gregory Hood, “The Meaning of July 4th for the White Man.”
- Greg Johnson, “American Ethnic Identity.”
- Greg Johnson, “Is White Nationalism Un-American?”
- Greg Johnson, “What Is American Nationalism?” (French version here)
- Cyan Quinn, “American Nationalism Is White Nationalism.”
- Spencer J. Quinn, “Herman Husband, Eighteenth Century White Nationalist Pioneer.“
- C. B. Robertson, “What Did the Founders Mean by Liberty?”
- Fenek Solère, “Wobomagonda: The White Devil.”
- Thomas Steuben, “Blood Contract vs. Social Contract.”
- Thomas Steuben, “Red vs. Blue Patriotism.”
- Morris van de Camp, “Readings on American History.”
If you would like to recommend other articles and reviews from Counter-Currents, please do so in the notes.
Have a happy and safe Independence Day!
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate $120 or more per year.
- First, donor comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Second, donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Non-donors will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “Paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days.
- Third, Paywall members have the ability to edit their comments.
- Fourth, Paywall members can “commission” a yearly article from Counter-Currents. Just send a question that you’d like to have discussed to [email protected]. (Obviously, the topics must be suitable to Counter-Currents and its broader project, as well as the interests and expertise of our writers.)
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, sign up here:
Paywall Gift Subscriptions
- your payment
- the recipient’s name
- the recipient’s email address
- your name
- your email address
To register, just fill out this form and we will walk you through the payment and registration process. There are a number of different payment options.
Enjoyed this article?
Be the first to leave a tip in the jar!
We Have Much to be Thankful For
Black Friday Special: It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas
Nueva Derecha vs. Vieja Derecha, Capítulo 12: La Cuestión Cristiana en el Nacionalismo Blanco
Remembering P. R. Stephensen
Remembering René Guénon: November 15, 1886–January 7, 1951
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 559: The Return of Tommy Robinson
Nueva Derecha vs. Vieja Derecha Capítulo 11: Nacionalismo Blanco y Nacionalismo Judío