Remembering Filippo Marinetti (December 22, 1876–December 2, 1944)Greg Johnson
Those on the Right who believe that modern art is always “decadent” need to come to grips with Italian Futurism. In commemoration of the birthday of Filippo Marinetti, the founder of Italian Futurism and one of the prophets of Fascism, I would like to draw your attention to several writings on this website.
About or making substantial reference to Marinetti:
- Kerry Bolton, “Filippo Marinetti,” which has also been published in his book Artists of the Right: Resisting Decadence (Portuguese translation here)
- Mark Dyal, “Life is Always Right: Futurism and Man in Revolt” (Portuguese translation here)
- Ted Sallis reviews Mark Antliff’s Avant-Garde Fascism.
- Alex Graham, “Fascism, Futurism, & Aviation“
Marinetti is briefly discussed in this interview with Giordano Bruno Guerri, “’68 was Invented by D’Annunzio.”
There are two excellent English language editions of Marinetti’s principal works:
- Selected Poems and Related Prose, trans. Elizabeth R. Napier and Barbara R. Studholme (New Haven: Yale University Press, 2002)
- Critical Writings, ed. Günter Berghaus, trans. Doug Thompson (New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2006)
* * *
Counter-Currents has extended special privileges to those who donate $120 or more per year.
- First, donor comments will appear immediately instead of waiting in a moderation queue. (People who abuse this privilege will lose it.)
- Second, donors will have immediate access to all Counter-Currents posts. Non-donors will find that one post a day, five posts a week will be behind a “paywall” and will be available to the general public after 30 days.
To get full access to all content behind the paywall, sign up here:
Paywall Gift Subscriptions
- your payment
- the recipient’s name
- the recipient’s email address
- your name
- your email address
To register, just fill out this form and we will walk you through the payment and registration process. There are a number of different payment options.
Enjoyed this article?
Be the first to leave a tip in the jar!
Christmas Special: Merry Christmas, Infidels!
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 561: An All-Star Thanksgiving Weekend Special
We Have Much to be Thankful For
Black Friday Special: It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas
Nueva Derecha vs. Vieja Derecha, Capítulo 12: La Cuestión Cristiana en el Nacionalismo Blanco
Aleister Crowley jako politický teoretik, část 2
Remembering P. R. Stephensen