The Worst Week Yet:
November 1-7, 2020

Phil Eiger Newmann, Stealin’ Away, 2020.

1,546 words

Last I peeked in here, it seemed as if Trump had won the election.

Well, we all know how that turned out.

Although my guts have been screaming at me for a long time that America is way past dead and that demography has already sealed the formerly great nation’s destiny, I confess to feeling a blip of optimism last Tuesday night when it seemed as if he’d win.

What’s still startling, especially considering that we’ve endured enough gaslighting already this year to blind all of us until 1,000 years beyond death, is that anyone is acting like they know for sure what happened last week.

Like Junior Samples of Hee-Haw fame said, “I don’t know nothin’, but I suspect a lot of things.”

As the vote tallies came in, I kept in mind that they still hadn’t counted mail-in ballots. Why things such as mail-in ballots exist is a matter of endless perplexment to me. But I knew Trump’s lead would start to erode once they started counting those.

I will only note that, according to media depictions, most of the people hired to count votes were fat, black, female, and didn’t look as if they knew how to count up to ten. Still, we must endure a media complex that insists that black votes are being suppressed rather than grossly overinflated.

Beyond that, I will allow the rest of the world to argue the finer details about this matter for the next four years at the very least. I don’t think it’s paranoid to suspect that one day soon, even attempting to argue about the election results will result in total social ostracism and possible jail time. Too much rides on the idea of a fair election, and 2020’s results will become another one of those items you can’t touch without getting third-degree burns all over your body, just like that Holocaust thing.

At this point, I don’t even think it’s cuckoo to suggest this was all orchestrated to end in the most purposely divisive way possible. There is no possible happy ending in this scenario. The side who feels like they had the last election stolen from them will taunt the side that feels that way this time around — and that part is a direct analogy at least as far as the endless dreary tedium goes; I’m not attempting to draw an equivalency between the level of election interference in 2016 and 2020, because I wasn’t there to count the votes either time.

There will be no peace. There will be no “healing.” Anyone who thought that Trump was the cause rather than a symptom of America’s irreconcilable divisions is a short-sighted little sparrow indeed.

America will remain the same two countries it’s been for at least the past generation.

To remind myself that America is still two countries rather than the nightmarishly rigid coast-to-coast Iron Rainbow the Democrats seek to power-weld it into, on Thursday I hopped in the car with the missus and drove five hundred miles due south from cold, black, shitty Atlanta to the warm, white, and clean Florida Gulf Coast. We only spent a full day there in between the long hauls back and forth, yet it forced me to reassess my longstanding opinion that Florida is the worst state in the Union.

Sure, there are long stretches of the Sunshine State that are ghastly and tacky and irredeemable. If you hear a story on the news about a naked homeless transient eating someone else’s face while high on bath salts under a freeway overpass, nine times out of ten that story is from Florida. The state suffers from the same cracked-out mania that Southern California does, and my theory for this is due to the fact that so much of it is new and so many of the residents are transplants who are fleeing an awful situation from somewhere else — sort of how I did over the weekend — that it creates a bone-rattling rootlessness.

But there I was, a solid 500 miles from home, with the overwhelming stench of Atlanta’s blackness wafting above a giant cancerous megalopolis with traffic almost as bad as LA’s a full day’s drive behind me, and suddenly it’s sunny, 85 degrees, and there are nothing but Trump signs, squeaky-clean windows, and old Jews who probably can’t even tell that I can tell they’re Jewish.

And yes, if forced to choose at gunpoint, I’d rather spend my dotage amid Heeb geriatrics than among the feral maladaptive dreadlocked blue-gums of Georgia.

So at this moment in November 2020, the country has proved to be more awful than I ever suspected it could be, but Florida turned out to far exceed my dim expectations. You gets your good days, and you gets your bad days.

As far as the official vote count went, Jews and Muslims leaned heavily for Biden, whereas Protestants and Mormons pulled strongly for Trump. Catholics split almost evenly down the middle, and I will leap at any chance to scold Catholics. We are being counseled that Jews will be the key to American unity, just as they’re always the key to social harmony in whatever country they happen to find themselves. America will now enjoy its first-ever “Jewish Second Gentleman” in the form of that doughy nerd who married Kamala Harris.

If there is anything positive to be gained from what happened, or didn’t happen, or what the official line will become on what happened last week, perhaps it’s the recognition that “MAGA” isn’t exactly a political platform in the same sense that “Donald Trump is Satan” isn’t quite a comprehensive strategic agenda, either. Maybe a few people will wake up to the fact that the government does what it wants, it really doesn’t matter who’s president, and most people’s emotions have been played like fiddles? You may call me a dreamer, but I’m alive and John Lennon is dead. Maybe it’s time to finally recalibrate and realize that the attack on whiteness extends far beyond America’s borders, so an America-only strategy is doomed out of the gate.

Maybe it’s time to realize that a president really doesn’t change much and only exists to appease the mob’s primal need for a leader. Maybe it’s time to pluck our heads out of this endless media-generated power-washed spin-cycle where we have no choice in the items they show us.

Otherwise, not much has changed, and if you spot any changes at all, you can rest assured that they will be for the worse. It remains a world where black employees, day in and day out, will still find racial slurs written all over their workplace.

Where teachers can lose their jobs for merely stating the fact that not everyone agrees about the Holocaust.

Where American hate-crime laws backfire because black people can’t bite their lips for five seconds without racially slurring someone.

Where Jews can sue Greeks in Greece for anti-Semitism and win. Let’s see a Greek try to pull off a similar stunt in Israel.

Where “hate speech” is facing criminalization in England, Wales, and Scotland even if uttered in private homes.

Where a female Asian psychiatrist can compare Trump to Hitler — unfavorably — and then backpedal by admitting that it may not exactly be a virtue that Hitler was more competent at killing than Trump could ever hope to be, so she’s truly sorry for any misunderstanding, because in light of his atrocities, it’s never good to say anything good about Hitler.

Every week in America will bring another white person, typically an academic, under the harsh Klieg lights of public scrutiny for desperately trying to pass themselves off as nonwhite.

Remember when people tried to pass themselves off as white? What happened to all that?

It’s still a world where black female medical students, because their skin color and genitalia are obviously more important to them than medicine is, will find a way to honor George Floyd and squeeze in a mess of garbage about “racial injustice and misinformation” into their “New Hippocratic Oath.”

Here’s some REAL racial misinformation for you, the Big Lie from which all others spring: “All men are created equal.”

It’s a world where the entire country burned over the idea that the Minneapolis Police Department was biased against blacks, when the only solid evidence of racial bigotry in the whole squad was a chief of staff’s dismissive comments about “white boys” on the force.

To think this nation can be repaired can only spring up from a hopefulness that is either heroic or pathetic.

The cracks in America’s sidewalks will grow wider. The weeds will sprout high from those cracks. The national death struggle writhes onward. The world will not get better, smarter, or less ridiculous. The only things that have a chance of improving are the jokes.

At least there hasn’t been much post-election violence.

Yet.

If you want to support Counter-Currents, please send us a donation by going to our Entropy page and selecting “send paid chat.” Entropy allows you to donate any amount from $3 and up. All comments will be read and discussed in the next episode of Counter-Currents Radio, which airs every weekend on DLive.

Don’t forget to sign up for the twice-monthly email Counter-Currents Newsletter for exclusive content, offers, and news.

1. Happle scrapper
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 4:33 am | Permalink

‘Catholics split almost evenly down the middle, and I will leap at any chance to scold Catholics.’

Why?

• Corey
      Posted November 9, 2020 at 6:49 am | Permalink

It’s just too easy not to. It’s really hard to take Catholicism seriously when the pope is washing the feet of the invaders.

• c matt
        Posted November 9, 2020 at 11:21 am | Permalink

He is pope the same way Biden is president, but less so.

• Corey
          Posted November 10, 2020 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Lol, uh huh. Except that he is the pope. Unsavory and antiwhite as he is, he’s still in charge of the Catholic church whether you like it or not. Sorry man, Catholicism is a meme at this point.

• Alexandra O.
      Posted November 9, 2020 at 10:13 am | Permalink

I scold Catholics because they have left all their traditions behind to embrace Liberation Theology, which is another of the huge splits which has happened, not only in the U.S., but the whole world where Catholics exist. I turned my back on the Church, when they turned the altar around. Huge mistake on their part!

• Sandy
      Posted November 9, 2020 at 10:25 am | Permalink

Why? You ask. As Bishop Vigano explained, Just as Trump has the “deep state’ to content with the church has its “deep church.”

• Austin Slater
      Posted November 10, 2020 at 9:12 am | Permalink

because mexicans

• threestars
      Posted November 10, 2020 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

Goad has a personal reason to dislike Catholics. His devout Catholic family misstreated him and the nuns at the Catholic school he attended made Orwell’s “Such were the days…” look like the first half of The Sound of Music

• Posted November 11, 2020 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

A large percentage of Catholics are no doubt Hispanic (among other non-European immigrant groups). The percentage I’m interested in is the percentage of white Catholics who voted for Biden. I would bet it was below 40%.

2. garretso
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Columbia South Carolina hate speech laws…..
    The photo accompanying the article looked “south of the border”, but the signage was in English and the uniformed officer was too fair complected.

3. Jeanie Hammer
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 6:19 am | Permalink

(Jews who probably can’t even tell that I can tell they’re Jewish) LOL!

• Posted November 11, 2020 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

My own definition of antisemite: Any gentile who pays as much attention to who’s jewish and who isn’t as jews themselves do.

4. steve
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 6:36 am | Permalink

Perplexment? I thought Mr. Goad was supposed to be a writer.

• Ann K Sterzinger
      Posted November 9, 2020 at 7:42 am | Permalink

Try checking the OED before you snicker at a word you haven’t read before, genius. Too bad anonymity is allowed. https://www.lexico.com/definition/perplexment

• Adrian
      Posted November 10, 2020 at 8:28 am | Permalink

You will enjoy ‘The History of Mr Polly’ by HG Wells.

• Paul Ericson
        Posted November 10, 2020 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Wells was an advocate of a form of eugenics … given the pass to which we as a collective humanity have come, one can’t help having some sympathy for his leanings.

5. Stephen Phillips
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 7:06 am | Permalink

Even my 80 year-old Aussie mum, (who left school at 14) said to me the other day, ” Isn’t the President just a figurehead anyway !?” – Yes, even us plebs know when they are trying to ‘punch us in the pants’. …

6. Traddles
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 7:44 am | Permalink

“Iron Rainbow”

Very apt and very memorable.

Thanks for bringing Goad on board.

• 3g4me
      Posted November 9, 2020 at 11:13 am | Permalink

That highly illustrative label struck me as apt, as well. And I share Goad’s mindset at the beginning – I essentially gave up on this country when Obama was elected in ’08, with a brief blaze of hope for Trump, which he quickly extinguished. Yet still the blatancy of the fraud is galling, and the placidity of the faux-American people remains undisturbed. Most of them will manage to adjust just fine to the Iron Rainbow, while telling themselves they live in the greatest country, etc. Candide never dies, unfortunately.

• Norman
      Posted November 15, 2020 at 8:20 am | Permalink

I believe Iron Rainbow was the opening act for Uriah Purple, hard rock acts who toured extensively in the (Jim Goad novel, as yet unwritten, set in a fictionalized, horrifying, hilarious) very, very early 1970s — so early in fact that it can only be measured in nano-seconds, which is why so many seem to have missed its significance entirely.

Singles include: Smoke on the Feral, Stairway to Upstairs, and (Come on Baby Light My) Methane.

I do not charge a fee, nor do I expect any remuneration for this service.

7. SRP
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 8:12 am | Permalink

If widespread, systemic vote fraud can’t be smoking-gun proven immediately, then forget about it.

By a miracle, he was given 4 years to do good, but he didn’t. Yet another chance for Western recovery thrown away. Time to leave D. T. in our rear-view mirrors.

Let the Left now take us from Semi-Weimar to Full Weimar, where remedial socioeconomic meltdown awaits.

8. ronehjr
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 8:27 am | Permalink

He grew up Catholic, went to Catholic school, and he didn’t much like what he saw. Also not just in Catholics, but Christianity as a whole. He has written and spoken extensively about it.

9. Blobby
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 9:01 am | Permalink

“The Worst Week Yet” is a great title. Always makes me think of Captain Beefheart’s “Best Batch Yet.”

10. James O'Meara
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 10:06 am | Permalink

“Still, we must endure a media complex that insists that black votes are being suppressed rather than grossly overinflated.”

Like the fat black women “counting” them.

• Norman
      Posted November 15, 2020 at 8:39 am | Permalink

Tsk, tsk: “fat black women” is no good at all. Lets be creative, shall we?

Spheres of Color (SoCs)

Oblate Darkfems

The Unfireables

Goad inspires. I am merely a vessel.

11. Alexandra O.
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 10:09 am | Permalink

I think the first big ‘crack’ in America began with Woodstock in 1968 or ’69. I remember buying a few new nice wool skirts and sweaters to wear to my new classes (and new life) at UCLA after acceptance in 1968, and then having to put them away and wear jeans and T-shirts for the next few years to ‘fit-in’. I went back to work as a secretary after graduating in 1971, but I figure that most ‘Woodstock types’ went on to a life of ‘kicking back’ and part-time work for the next 50 years, and their offspring are now members of Antifa and most of the white supporters of BLM today. This is where the real split in America is. Two of my best friends, white of course, totally disowned me when I voted for Trump in 2016. That’s how deep the split had grown in 50 years. It has never been healed and now, it’s even splitting the cliff we’re falling off of.

• Deodato
      Posted November 9, 2020 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

Speaking of the Woodstock generation, Graham Nash (of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young) put out an anti-Trump music video on his YouTube channel. In his video, he portrays anti-Trump protesters as anti-establishment. Of course, the opposite is true. The minority-loving, Third-World immigrant-loving lefties are absolutely ADORED by our political establishment, because they are useful idiots. At 1:40 in the video, Nash takes a swipe at “old white men” which is utterly stupid, because Graham Nash IS an old white man! The smug liberalism of the sixties generation was bred of bourgeois comfort and delusion. The split in America divides those who live in a utopian fantasy world versus those who are truly awake and live in the real world.

• Paul Ericson
      Posted November 10, 2020 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

You’re right … I entered higher education around that time in the UK, and although the British were well in the rear that wave politically, I saw the beginnings of the trashing of ‘American’ values of diligence and responsibility. It may not have occurred to the mostly talented but drug-addled musicians and ‘creatives’ that the precision equipment and materials they were using were produced by men in overalls and sold by men in suits who built up the businesses.

• Posted November 28, 2020 at 6:45 am | Permalink

I fear the “Woodstock types” went right back to school, entered academia, and are still there, the modern-day Marcuses, indoctrinating the uneducated in the finer points of Marxism and “agitprop”, which goes over fine as long as the kids get to party and receive passing grades.

12. James O'Meara
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 10:10 am | Permalink

The Wisdom of Mad Men’s Bert Cooper:

“If Kennedy is willing to buy the election, he’ll be willing to work with us.”

13. Josephus Cato
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Regarding your comment about Greeks suing Jews in Israel. The Greek church is the second largest land owner in Israel. They own prime real estate some of which is leased to Israel for 99 year contracts. Whenever some legal dispute comes up it seems like the Greeks always lose. They’re no match for Ashkenazi Talmudic sophistry.

14. Genevieve Bryson
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

I’m so happy to see that Jim Goad’s articles are now on Counter-Currents. I always read his essays on Taki, but now that he’s no longer there, I will stop reading Taki. Thanks!

• Stronza
      Posted November 10, 2020 at 9:02 am | Permalink

No need to stop reading Takimag. There are still some good writers and articles there. Let’s continue to read both takimag and counter-currents.

15. Dr ExCathedra
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Bingo and Amen.

16. Posted November 9, 2020 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Hey Jim, did your cartoonist today draw inspiration from my post on 10/29 about “pallets of ballots” mysteriously showing up in places like Philthadelphia and Blacklanta? You at least owe me a beer on wing night at your local Taco Mac!

• TimothyS
      Posted November 11, 2020 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Don’t give yourself too much credit for an idea whose time had come. While statisticians and political scientists struggle to come to terms with Trump’s victory, a redneck in his backyard had already distilled the election into a country song by November 5th.

17. Afterthought
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Trump won the news cycle today.

The Enemy is banking on their being NO FRAUD in places like Philly, Detroit, Atlanta, Vegas – getouttahere!

Trucker strike Nov 11th, average white Americans excel at vehicle based protests, can also shut down the roads.

Supreme Court a nail biter with 4 probable votes for Trump and 2 less probable.

Meanwhile, we need to start planting the seed of separation – which is the desired outcome long term.

18. Tech Question
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

Does anyone know a way to make the links in the article easier to find? In the old days, links used to be underlined.

It’s tiresome to hunt for them.

• Corey
      Posted November 10, 2020 at 9:49 am | Permalink

You mean easier than making them a different color than the other text?

19. Posted November 10, 2020 at 1:13 am | Permalink

Separate ourselves from this Banana Republic…

20. Liam Kernaghan
    Posted November 10, 2020 at 1:32 am | Permalink

Mr. Jim Sir,
    You are truly a wordsmith! I’ve heard of the “Iron Curtain”, but the “Rainbow Curtain” puts the top hat on everything! Hey!, but you’re being exclusionist. What about the “In-between Curtain”? Don’t those poor innocent individuals of “In-betweeness” deserve some sort of representation?

21. Peter Quint
    Posted November 10, 2020 at 6:47 am | Permalink

I feel bad because, back on 08/05/2020 I predicted that Trump would be elected based solely on his servile behavior towards Israel. I feel bad, because I might have mislead people, and raised false hopes (talk about self-aggrandizement). I was always cynical, and skeptical about Trump, and I was right. One thing that Trump was always consistent, and successful at, was his servile, and obsequious service to Israel, he accomplished everything for them, and nothing for us. Trump came out of jew-central–New York City, that alone should have been a big clue. Time to put that turkey behind us.

• Adrian
      Posted November 10, 2020 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Now we know who to blame…

• Peter Quint
        Posted November 11, 2020 at 6:47 am | Permalink

Yes, it is all my fault!