Counter-Currents Under Attack

1,100 words

Once again, Counter-Currents is without a credit card processor. But it’s worse than ever, folks. We have not been dropped by our credit card processor. In fact, when the usual suspects pressured them to drop their dissident clients, they stood by us. So instead, our enemies managed to put our credit card processor out of business.

This is a whole new level of tyranny.

In 2019, Counter-Currents was deplatformed from 80% of the global book market (Amazon and Barnes and Noble). They did not just go after our political works. Their goal was not just censorship, but economic destruction.

Let that sink in.

Amazon is one of the biggest corporations on the planet, owned by the richest man on the planet, and they have targeted me personally for economic destruction.

In 2019, we are also deplatformed from at least four credit-card processors (I’ve lost count).

I would be happy to pay whistleblowers for verifiable and actionable information on how these campaigns of deplatforming take place: who the ultimate string-pullers are, who their inside people are, and how their preferences become corporate policy.

I was even arrested in Norway based on fake news concocted by Marxists and deported from the country to stop me from giving a speech at the Scandza Forum. Apparently, this was the first time in modern Norwegian history that someone has been arrested to prevent him from speaking his mind.

I take it all as a compliment.

It was crushingly stressful, but despite our enemies’ best efforts — indeed, sometimes because of them — 2019 was our best year ever in terms of traffic.

Our enemies are afraid. They know that the work we do is highly effective. They know we would wipe the floor with them if they ever allowed an open debate. Therefore, they do their best to silence us, and their preferred mode of attack is to cut off funds by terrorizing payment processing companies until they are afraid to work with me. And when that didn’t work this time, they went after the company itself.

Let that sink in.

Our enemies are willing and able to shut down third-party companies simply for doing business with Counter-Currents and others like us. That is how powerful and motivated they are, and that is how afraid they are of the work we do.

Crises like this chip away at one’s morale. There’s only so much stress and demoralization that the human organism can take. That’s why they are doing this. They want to break us.

But when the present moment seems particularly bad, you need to take a step back and look at the big picture. I don’t have to think back to all the hardships my ancestors survived from the Ice Age to Jamestown and beyond, although that helps. I just think of Counter-Currents itself: what we do, everything we have accomplished up to now, the setbacks we have survived, and the people who make it possible.

Counter-Currents has been up and running for almost a decade now, with new articles every weekday. We have grown tremendously, from 6,145 unique visitors in June 2010 to our peak of 240,512 in November 2019. We have a roster of fearsomely good writers. Beyond that, because we target an audience with an IQ over 120, we specialize in reaching the very people who have the greatest potential to change society in the long run — and that is why the enemy is afraid. We know that we have intelligent and resourceful readers, and now we need your help.

It is our custom to begin our annual fundraiser on June 11th, the anniversary of Counter-Currents going online. Last year our goal was $100,000, and thanks to our donors, we made it. But because fundraising keeps getting harder and harder, we are going to start this year’s campaign today, and this time we are aiming for $150,000, for two reasons. First, last year CC lost money. Second, I want to send a message to our enemies. I’ll let you use your imagination as to what that message is.

If Counter-Currents is to survive, we need to habituate our supporters to making payments and donations the old-fashioned way: by check, money order, or even cash stuffed into physical envelopes and put in the mail.

Simply print and complete the Word or PDF donation form and mail it to:

Counter-Currents Publishing, Ltd.
P.O. Box 22638
San Francisco, CA 94122
USA
[email protected]

(Please ignore the credit card payment option listed on the forms. Those no longer apply.)

Thank you, Boomers, for keeping your checkbooks, envelopes, and stamps. There are youngsters reading this site who have never written a check or put a letter in the mail. But sometimes the old ways are best.

Bill Payment Services

If you wish to make monthly donations by mail, see if your bank has a bill payment service. Then all you need to do is set up a monthly check to be dispatched by mail to our PO box. This check can be made out to Counter-Currents or to Greg Johnson. After the initial bother of setting it up, you never have to think about it again.

Money Transfers

If your bank makes free money transfers in the US, you can send us money that way. Please email me at [email protected].

Gift Cards

Gift cards are a useful way to make donations. Gift cards are available with all the major credit cards as well as from major retailers. You can send gift cards either electronically or through the mail. If you can find a place that sells gift cards for cash, they are as anonymous as sending cash and much safer.

Another way to support us is those new-fangled crypto-currencies.

• Click here to go to our crypto donation page.
  • Click here for a basic primer on how to get started using crypto. Do not, however, use COINBASE. COINBASE will not allow you to send money to Counter-Currents. (Yes, it is that bad.)

Because we need to wean our customers and donors off of credit cards, I have reconfigured all of Counter-Currents’ book order pages to walk people through the processes of mailing paper or sending crypto.

I have also rounded the prices of our books, and in many cases significantly reduced them, to make it easier for you to calculate payment.

Remember Us in Your Will

Finally, we would like to broach a very delicate topic: your will. If you are planning your estate, please think about how you can continue helping the cause even after you are gone. The essay Majority Estate Planning” contains many helpful suggestions.

Thank you again for your loyal readership and generous support.

Yours sincerely,

This entry was posted in North American New Right and tagged , , . Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. D.M.
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Is it necessary to include the donation form in a mailing? I don’t have a printer and would have to email one as an attachment to a UPS store to print.

Posted March 10, 2020 at 10:09 am | Permalink

No, it is not necessary. Thanks!

2. Archie Bunker
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 10:17 am | Permalink

No cheques. I have sent some BitSheckles your way. Don’t spend ’em all in one place, ya hear?

3. Mordez
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Greg,

I’m listening to Frodi on Red Ice and he said you published his translation of the Norwegian Police Report for your arrest.

Where is it?

I’d like to read it.

Keep up the good work!

4. Utgard Loki
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

My solution is simple. I reward you guys with the poetry I post in the comments section! Some things are worth more than money.

5. The Lamb
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Would it be viable for me to send cash from outside the US? If it is, I will familiarise myself with conversion/etc. and see what I can do when I’m done playing Raskolnikov in a few months. Keep up the good work.

Posted March 10, 2020 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Yes, thanks, although there is always a risk of loss.

• The Lamb
        Posted March 11, 2020 at 4:22 am | Permalink

I will take that into consideration. Would sending the cash in a box parcel ensure some additional security against loss? If I do manage to donate, I would want to donate enough to warrant paying a little extra to ship a parcel. Apologies is this is a stupid question – I am unfamiliar with the logistics of personal shipping. Thanks.

Posted March 11, 2020 at 5:08 am | Permalink

People seldom send cash. As far as I know, an envelope with cash only went astray once. The main form of loss seems to be if a dishonest postal carrier can hold an envelope up to the light and see bill sized papers inside. Putting money in a greeting card or wrapping it in several layers of paper seem to work. Once person sent money in a paperback book. Thanks again for your interest in helping out.

• The Lamb
            Posted March 11, 2020 at 5:51 am | Permalink

Yes, my main concern is theft – a letter I was recently supposed to receive from a friend containing just a small amount of cash appears to have been ‘lost’ and I would rather not make the same mistake. In the event of donating I will find a way to disguise it without excessive bulk. Thank you for the suggestions, and I hope to be able to give my support soon.

6. Peter
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Well this is a new level, for sure.

Whenever I fantasize about having loads of cash, all this immediately comes to mind. The first thing I would personally think about if I had millions, or even just hundreds of thousands a year, is how best to invest them in the advancement of our cause. And CC would be a strong candidate.

Now, as every online marketer knows all too well, it’s generally far easier to convince one person to pay you 1000$ than convince 1000 people to pay you 1$. 1 Mill $ is easier than 1000×1000$, IF you have a 1 Mill product and people who can afford it.

And we do have many thousands of people donating small amounts to the cause in some way shape or form, as well as a great “product”.

So I wonder: why aren’t there any White-positive big money supporters? Is it because they, too, are afraid? Is it because only leftist types have big money nowadays, and they filter out any rigth-wing types? Is it because, for some reason, we don’t seem a good investment to them? Do they know – or think they know – something that we don’t?

After all, if it weren’t for the censorship and the direct attack on our finances, our growth would have been absolutely EXPLOSIVE in the last 5 years. You can be supportive of that for personal/political reasons, but you could also just simply recognize it as a long-term financial opportunity, and find ways to facilitate it.

So why hasn’t it happened?

I don’t entirely buy the theory that serious investors are put off by the inherently unserious, untrustworthy, unstable nature of part of our people. It’s a negative, of course, but it’s not like it prevented us to grow rapidly these last few years.

Same thing with the censorship. There are a handful top-level organizations we depend on for even a simple website to exist.

So the more successful we are, the higher in the pyramid they will intervene to stop us, until eventually, after being kicked off of all social media and payment processors, you will be prevented from having a website, a personal bank account, and if they could get rid of cash, even from buying food.

Crypto and the dark web are decentralized and provide plausible workarounds, but they don’t seem to be doing much of a difference, simply because too few people use them. No matter how useful a technology, it can’t serve the purpose of mainstreaming our message/product unless it is, itself, mainstream.

So perhaps what we need is neither free speech nor financial support, but something that is upstream of both: the mainstreaming of decentralizing technologies.

In the meantime, I find this really, REALLY motivates me to donate.

• anon
      Posted March 10, 2020 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

I think its most likely this.

“I think it’s because of the highly centralized nature of the current financial system. Ultimately, even the extremely wealthy – some of which are likely to be on our side – depend on the banking system to retain their wealth. Just like the antifa can put your credit card processor out of business, a handful of bankers can put even a billionaire out of business if they want to.”

7. Vauquelin
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Let this be a lesson, to all potential donors. If and when CC recovers some form of credit card processor, DON’T WAIT. Make a contribution right away. You never know how small your window of opportunity is going to be.

• Joe Gould
      Posted March 10, 2020 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

That’s good advice which I will take to heart.

8. Dr. Krieger
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

Are you still receiving the monthly donations that I send on that one bank transfer service? I hesitate to mention its name for fear that the wrong people will read this comment. I ask because I notice you don’t mention it in the list of ways to donate.

Posted March 10, 2020 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

Yes it still works. Thank you for your loyal support.

• Dr. Krieger
        Posted March 10, 2020 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Good to hear. I’ll be increasing my monthly donation, starting now.

9. John Wilkinson
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

This new level of deplatforming doesn’t seem to have precedent, but this article over at Identity Dixie sums up the overarching trajectory of “woke capitalism”.

10. LineInTheSand
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

We love and admire you, Greg and your worthy crew. I’m about to make a BTC contribution. Keep fighting brothers and sisters.

Posted March 11, 2020 at 2:47 am | Permalink

Thank you so much.

11. DesiMac
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

New follower, subscriber.
    Thank you for the info. Will go about other means to buy and keep in contact.

12. Benny Fachter
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

I have some unspent retailer gift cards lying around. If I mailed them to you, would they be of use?

Posted March 11, 2020 at 2:46 am | Permalink

Yes, thanks so much.

13. Dean Mulready
    Posted March 10, 2020 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

It’s odd that Arktos hasn’t been targeted by Amazon the same way CC has; all their titles are still available. The WN Manifesto must have really ruffled some feathers.

Posted March 11, 2020 at 2:45 am | Permalink

I suspect that Friberg is a Swedish deep state and antifa informant.

• LargeinCharge
        Posted March 11, 2020 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Wow, a lot of dissident writers are published through Arktos which would suggest they are connected to the same. Any evidence other than the fact they haven’t been removed from Amazon and payment services?

14. Andrew
    Posted March 11, 2020 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

They will take your bank account and stay your PO box Greg. It is only a matter of months.

15. Mordezlet
    Posted March 11, 2020 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

You accept Postal Money Orders, right?

Maybe get a box at a UPS store so we can use UPS and Fedex.

Posted March 12, 2020 at 2:15 am | Permalink

Yes we do, thanks.

16. Lovely Phenotypes
    Posted March 13, 2020 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

I wonder would bitcoin mining be helpful? I know very little about it and that it produces very little money but if enough readers did it could it be helpful?

From my understanding any PC can do it, and with cryptocurrency anonymity is a plus for those fearful of the many eyes watching CC.