Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter: January 2012Greg Johnson
As with our December newsletter, I have been unable to distribute our January newsletter to our mailing list due to computer problems. Rather than delay it any longer, I have decided simply to publish it on our front page.
Dear Friends of Counter-Currents,
1. Our Readership and Web Traffic
January was another month of record-breaking traffic at Counter-Currents/North American New Right.
If you visited our website in January, you were one of 56,633 unique visitors (up from 49,845 in December). These visitors paid us 107,644 visits in January (up from 97,223 visits in December). The pages you viewed were among the 408,373 pages viewed in January (up from 337,881 in December).
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||“Hits”||Bandwidth|
|June 2010||6,145||10,328||70,732||200,824||6.08 GB|
|July 2010||9,387||17,329||119,254||348,172||10.01 GB|
|June 2011||28,629||57,920||264,928||1,004,128||22.78 GB|
|July 2011||30,186||66,093||416,309||1,952,047||71.23 GB|
|August 2011||40,002||81,012||502,282||2,083,593||53.18 GB|
|September 2011||45,427||88,782||422,902||481,909||11.67 GB|
|October 2011||45,590||90,444||337,137||468,197||17.78 GB|
|November 2011||44,445||88,824||330,664||339,521||14.22 GB|
|December 2011||49,845||97,223||337,881||344,210||13.65 GB|
|January 2012||56,633||107,644||408,373||433,736||21.38 GB|
2. Our Blog
In January, we added 75 posts to the website, for a total of 1,465 posts since going online on June 11, 2010. We also added over 500 new comments.
3. January’s Top Twenty Articles (with date of publication and number of reads)
- Trevor Lynch, review of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, February 10, 2011: 6,108
- Gregory Hood, review of Scarface, February 27, 2011: 4,359
- Irmin Vinson, “Some Thoughts on Hitler,” April 20, 2011: 3,335
- Jef Costello, “Fight Club as Holy Writ,” January 9, 2012: 3,151
- Daniel W. Michaels, “Exposing Stalin’s Plan to Conquer Europe,” April 21, 2011, 2,673
- Andrew Hamilton, “Porn and Race,” January 20, 2012: 2,640
- Kevin MacDonald, Foreword to Irmin Vinson’s Some Thoughts on Hitler, January 19, 2012: 2,494
- Counter-Currents Radio, Interview with Kevin MacDonald, January 24, 2012: 2,310
- Announcement of Irmin Vinson’s Some Thoughts on Hitler & Other Essays, January 19, 2012: 2,232
- Andrew Hamilton, “Whiteness, Blurring,” January, 13, 2012: 2,073
- Jef Costello, “Dystopia is Now,” January 4, 2012: 2,025
- Trevor Lynch, review of Pulp Fiction, June 29 and July 6, 2011: 1,914
- Greg Johnson, Interview with James J. O’Meara, January 5, 2012: 1,884
- Matt Parrott, “Piss on Them,” January 13, 2012: 1,801
- William Pierce, “Destroying the Past,” February 3, 2011: 1,729
- Greg Johnson, “The Scouring of the Shire,” January 3, 2012: 1,679
- Andrew Hamilton, “White, White, White, . . . Nonwhite?: No Country for Old Men,” January, 6, 2012: 1,551
- Matt Parrott, “Nothing but Newt,” January 23, 2012: 1,504
- Greg Johnson, “Money for Nothing,” January 17, 2012: 1,402
- Jef Costello, “Guys,” January 26, 2012: 1,356
Trevor Lynch’s review of the original The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo remains our top article for the second consecutive month. Irmin Vinson on Hitler, Gregory Hood on Scarface, and Daniel Michaels on Stalin’s plan to conquer Europe remain some of our most popular essays. Jef Costello, Andrew Hamilton, and Greg Johnson each had 3 articles in our top 20. Matt Parrott and Trevor Lynch have two each.
Five of our top 20 articles are about films: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Scarface, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, and No Country for Old Men. Hollywood and the television industry are the primary media of anti-white propaganda. Racially conscious analyses of movies and TV are thus highly effective at drawing traffic and combating enemy propaganda. (See Trevor Lynch, “Why I Write.”)
4. Announcing Counter-Currents Radio
On January 17, 2012, Mike Polignano and I launched Counter-Currents Radio, a weekly interview podcast. In addition to recordings of the interviews, we also make transcripts available. Our first three interviewees are Yoav Shamir, director of Defamation, Kevin MacDonald, author of The Culture of Critique, and Andy Nowicki, author of The Columbine Pilgrim and Under the Nihil. Podcasts go online every Tuesday evening. You can subscribe to them with iTunes.
5. Where Our Readers Are: The top 20 Countries
Our web statistics program gives us a country-by-country breakdown of our readership. Here are the top 20 countries:
1. United States
2. Great Britain
13. Russian Federation
16. Czech Republic
6. Where Our Readers Are: The Top 20 Cities
1. New York City
3. San Francisco
5. Vancouver, B.C.
11. Washington, D.C.
13. Mexico City
20. Los Angeles
Nine of our top cities are in the United States. Four of them are in Canada. Two are in Australia. Four of our top 20 cities are on the West Coast of North America. Five of them are capital cities: Washington, D.C., London, Berlin, Stockholm, and Mexico City. Six if you count Edinburgh.
* * *
I want to thank our writers, donors, and proofreaders; our webmaster/Managing Editor; and above all, you, our readers for being part of a growing intellectual and spiritual community.
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right
The Counter-Currents Newsletter, July 2021
C’est OK d’être blanc
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 359 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 358 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 357 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord
Remembering Carl Schmitt
(July 11, 1888–April 7, 1985)
Remembering Revilo Oliver (July 7, 1908–August 20, 1994)
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 355 Independence Day with Greg Hood