Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter: September 2011Greg Johnson
Dear Friends of Counter-Currents,
Counter-Currents continues to grow. September was our best month ever, even though I was on the road in the Pacific Northwest for more than two weeks, which meant that I could spend less time writing and editing.
The trip did, however, add value to Counter-Currents by helping to raise consciousness and build community. I met and helped bring together a number of Counter-Currents writers, donors, and supporters at meetings in the Portland and Seattle areas. I want to thank everyone who helped make those meetings possible.
1. Our Blog
In September, we added 62 posts to the website (down from 78 last month). At the end of September, we had a total of 1,144 posts since going online on June 11, 2010. We also added over 300 new comments.
2. Our Readership and Web Traffic
In September, we had 88,782 visits (up from 81,012 visits in August). We had 45,427 unique visitors in September (up dramatically from 40,002 in August). These visitors looked at 422,902 pages (down from 502,282 in August–but the drop is due to a new web hosting arrangement that screens out “spiders” and “bots” to give us a more accurate count of how many actual people are coming). Again, more people are using the site more intensively than ever before.
Our “hits” and “bandwidth” usage also went down due to our new web hosting arrangements.
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||“Hits”||Bandwidth|
|June 2010||6,145||10,328||70,732||200,824||6.08 GB|
|July 2010||9,387||17,329||119,254||348,172||10.01 GB|
|June 2011||28,629||57,920||264,928||1,004,128||22.78 GB|
|July 2011||30,186||66,093||416,309||1,952,047||71.23 GB|
|August 2011||40,002||81,012||502,282||2,083,593||53.18 GB|
|September 2011||45,427||88,782||422,902||481,909||11.67 GB|
3. September’s Top Ten Articles (with date of publication and number of readers)
- Irmin Vinson, “Some Thoughts on Hitler,” April 20, 2011: 11,933
- Gregory Hood, review of Scarface, February 27, 2011: 5,102
- Vic Olvir, “Sylvia Plath: Stasis in Darkness,” November 9, 2010: 1,748
- Irmin Vinson, “Quelques réflexions sur Hitler,” May 31, 2011: 1,564
- Greg Johnson, “The Paintings of Harold Arthur McNeill,” September 2, 2011: 1,544
- Kerry Bolton, “Karma 9/11,” September 9, 2011: 1,464
- Daniel W. Michaels, “Exposing Stalin’s Plan to Conquer Europe,” April 21, 2011, 1,412
- Alex Kurtagic, “Masters of the Universe,” September 23, 2011, 1,390
- Greg Johnson, “The Burden of Hitler,” April 20, 2011: 1,344
- Greg Johnson, “9/11: Ten Years Later,” September 11, 2011: 1,260
Irmin Vinson on Hitler, Gregory Hood on Scarface, and Vic Olvir on Sylvia Plath remain some of our most popular essays. In addition, the French translation of the Vinson article remained in our top ten for the second consecutive month.
4. Where Our Readers Are: The top 20 Countries
Our web statistics program gives us a country-by-country breakdown of our readership. Here are the top 20 countries:
1. United States
2. Great Britain
18. Czech Republic
5. Where Our Readers Are: The Top 20 Cities
1. New York City
2. San Francisco
12. Mexico City
13. Los Angeles
16. Washington, D.C.
19. Long Beach, Cal.
* * *
I want to thank our writers, donors, and proofreaders; our webmaster/Managing Editor; and above all, you, our readers for being part of a growing intellectual and spiritual community.
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 359 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 358 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 357 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord
Remembering Carl Schmitt
(July 11, 1888–April 7, 1985)
Remembering Revilo Oliver (July 7, 1908–August 20, 1994)
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 355 Independence Day with Greg Hood
The Counter-Currents Newsletter, June 2021
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 354 Greg Johnson, Millennial Woes, & Fróði Midjord