The Stark Truth
Robert Stark Interviews Professor Albert Bartlett
[jwplayer file=”http://cdn.counter-currents.com/radio/CCR-The_Stark_Truth-20121001-Al_Bartlett.mp3″ streamer=”rtmp://s3cxt7hxkp9tvh.cloudfront.net/cfx/st” provider=”rtmp” duration=”2074″]
To download the mp3, right-click here and choose “save link as.”
To subscribe to our podcasts, click here.
Albert Bartlett is Professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Colorado at Boulder who is an internationally-known and widely-published expert on the economics of sustainability and growth. He is the author of The Essential Exponential and of http://www.albartlett.org/.
- The dynamics of population growth and overpopulation
- The necessity of addressing population in environmental policies
- Boulder, Colorado’s tax to buy open lands to take them out of development
- Sustainable growth as an oxymoron
- Political motives for increased growth
- Urban growth always outstrips revenues and promotes debt.
- Immigration as a cause of population growth
- Political motives for increasing immigration
- You cannot sustain a country by importing labor.
- Population growth dilutes democratic representation.
- Population growth undermines freedom of action.
- The necessity of making free family planning world-wide
- The energy crisis requires addressing population growth.
- Modern technology does not disprove Malthusianism.
- Peak oil
- The limits of alternative energies
- The necessity of global solutions to environmental and population issues
- Urban planning defines problem solving as removing impediments to growth which leads to new problems.
- Bartlett’s “Arithmetic, Population, and Energy“
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 380 Greg Johnson & Endeavour Discuss James Bond
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 379 Ask Me Anything with Greg Johnson & Endeavour
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 378 The Writers’ Bloc with Nick Jeelvy & Mark Gullick
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 377 Millennial Woes & Karl Thorburn on Life in the Dark Age
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 376 The Writers’ Bloc with Nick Jeelvy & Beau Albrecht
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 375 Greg Johnson, Stephen Paul Foster, & Richard Houck on How to Respond to Being Called a “Hater!”
Remembering Savitri Devi (September 30, 1905–October 22, 1982)
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 374 Greg Johnson, Richard Houck, Gaddius Maximus, & Thomas Steuben on How to Respond to Being Called “Racist”