Trevor Lynch’s White Nationalist Guide to the Movies
Trevor Lynch’s White Nationalist Guide to the Movies
Foreword by Kevin MacDonald
Edited by Greg Johnson
San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2012
There are three formats for Trevor Lynch’s White Nationalist Guide to the Movies:
- Hardcover: $30 (add $5 for postage, $13 for postage to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, & the Far East)
- Paperback: $15 (add $5 for postage, $13 for postage to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, & the Far East)
- E-book: $5
How to order Trevor Lynch’s White Nationalist Guide to the Movies:
There are three ways you can send payment:
- By credit card or bank transfer
- By mail
- By crypto-currency transfer
To use a credit card or bank transfer, please contact us at [email protected].
Steps for mailing in your payment:
- Download and print our order form (PDF, Word)
- If you wish to order multiple books, please email a list of the titles you wish to order and your mailing address to [email protected], and we will give you an exact quote on postage anywhere in the world.
- Send payment to the address on the order form.
- Please allow up to four weeks for delivery.
Steps for paying with crypto-currencies:
- Determine which books you wish to order, and how many.
- If you wish to order multiple books, please email a list of the titles you wish to order and your mailing address to [email protected]nts.com, and we will give you an exact quote on postage anywhere in the world.
- Choose a crypto-currency option and send payment to one of our addresses here.
- Email the order and the crypto payment receipt (so we know what transfer is yours) to [email protected]
About Trevor Lynch’s White Nationalist Guide to the Movies:
Since 2001, Trevor Lynch’s witty, pugnacious, and profound film essays and reviews have developed a wide following among cinephiles and White Nationalists alike. Lynch deals frankly with the anti-white bias and Jewish agenda of many mainstream films, but he is even more interested in discerning positive racial messages and values, sometimes in the most unlikely places.
Trevor Lynch’s White Nationalist Guide to the Movies gathers together some of his best essays and reviews covering 32 movies, including his startling philosophical readings of Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and Mishima; his racialist readings of The Lord of the Rings and Gangs of New York; his masculinist readings of The Twilight Saga and A History of Violence; his insights into the Jewish nature of the superhero genre occasioned by Guillermo del Toro’s Hellboy movies; and his hilarious demolitions of The Matrix Trilogy, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, and the detritus of Quentin Tarantino’s long decline.
Trevor Lynch’s White Nationalist Guide to the Movies establishes its author as a leading cultural theorist and critic of the North American New Right.
“Trevor Lynch provides us with a highly literate, insightful, and even philosophical perspective on film—one that will send you running to the video rental store for a look at some very worthwhile movies—although he is also quite willing to tell you what not to see. He sees movies without the usual blinders. He is quite aware that because Hollywood is controlled by Jews, one must typically analyze movies for their propaganda value in the project of white dispossession. Trevor Lynch’s collection is a must read for anyone attempting to understand the deep undercurrents of the contemporary culture of the West.”
– Kevin MacDonald, author of The Culture of Critique, from the Foreword
“Hollywood has been deconstructing the white race for nearly a century. Now Trevor Lynch is fighting back, deconstructing Hollywood from a White Nationalist point of view. But these essays are not just of interest to White Nationalists. Lynch offers profound and original insights into more than 30 films, including Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight, Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction, Guillermo del Toro’s Hellboy, and Scorsese’s Gangs of New York. These essays combine a cultural and philosophical sophistication beyond anything in film studies today with a lucid, accessible, and entertaining prose style. Every serious cineaste needs to read this book.”
– Edmund Connelly
“The Hollywood movie may be the greatest vehicle of deception ever invented, and the passive white viewer is its primary target. Yet White Nationalist philosopher and film critic Trevor Lynch demonstrates that truth is to be found even in this unlikeliest of places. If American audiences could learn the kind of critical appreciation Mr. Lynch demonstrates for them, their seductive enemies in Tinseltown wouldn’t stand a chance.”
– F. Roger Devlin, author of Alexandre Kojève and the Outcome of Modern Thought
“Trevor Lynch’s White Nationalist Guide to the Movies is not some collection of vein-popping rants about Hollywood’s political agendas. It’s a thoughtful and engaging examination of ideas in popular films from a perspective you won’t find in your local newspaper or in Entertainment Weekly. Lynch has chosen films that—in many cases—he actually enjoyed, and playfully teased out the New Right themes that mainstream reviewers can only afford to address with a careful measure of scorn. How many trees have been felled to print all of the Marxist, feminist, minority-pandering ‘critiques’ of contemporary celluloid over the past fifty years? Isn’t it about time we read an explicitly white review of The Fellowship of the Ring, or a Traditionalist take on take on The Dark Knight?”
– Jack Donovan, author of The Way of Men
“Hunter Thompson said that Las Vegas was ‘what the whole hep world would be doing Saturday night if the Nazis had won the War.’ Like liberalism, that’s clever but wrong. If the Good Guys had won, we ‘hepsters’ would be at the movies, experiencing the ultimate art form, but made by racially aware white artists, not today’s Hollywood culture-distorters. This book is the next best thing: Trevor Lynch reviews today’s films from an artistically sensitive, culturally informed, but most of all unfailingly pro-white perspective. He doesn’t just warn you away from the obviously bad, but explains how the poison works and where it comes from, and even finds racially uplifting stuff where you’d least expect it—Pulp Fiction? Read it, and you’ll never feel the need to pay good money to be seen weeping at another Holocaust movie again.”
– James J. O’Meara, author of The Homo and the Negro
Foreword by Kevin MacDonald • iii
Editor’s Note by Greg Johnson • vii
1. Introduction: Why I Write • 1
The Lord of the Rings
2. The Fellowship of the Ring • 7
3. The Two Towers • 11
4. The Return of the King • 18
5. “The Scouring of the Shire” • 22
6. Batman Begins • 27
7. The Dark Knight • 31
8. The Dark Knight Rises • 42
9. Inception • 54
Guillermo del Toro
10. Cronos, The Devil’s Backbone, & Pan’s Labyrinth • 57
11. Hellboy • 63
12. Hellboy II: The Golden Army • 68
13. Pulp Fiction • 73
14. Kill Bill: Vol. I • 97
15. Inglourious Basterds • 102
16. Django Unchained • 109
The Matrix Movies
17. The Matrix Reloaded • 115
18. The Matrix Revolutions • 121
The Twilight Saga
19. Twilight • 126
20. New Moon • 131
21. Eclipse • 134
22. Breaking Dawn, Part 1 • 138
23. Breaking Dawn, Part 2 • 143
The Millennium Trilogy
24. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo • 145
25. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Remake • 149
26. The Girl Who Played with Fire • 152
27. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest • 156
Violence & Redemption
28. 300 • 159
29. Gangs of New York • 163
30. A History of Violence • 168
31. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters • 173
32. The Baader-Meinhof Complex • 185
About the Author • 190