Hardcover, Paperback, Ebook
$5.00 – $35.00
Hardcover, Paperback, Ebook
San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2017
Second, Embiggened Edition
Edited by Greg Johnson
About The Homo & the Negro:
James O’Meara’s The Homo and the Negro brings a “queer eye” to the overwhelmingly “homophobic” Far Right. In his title essay, O’Meara argues that the Far Right cannot effectively defend Western civilization unless it checks its premises about homosexuality and non-sexual forms of male bonding, which are undermined not just by liberals and feminists, but also by Judeo-Christian “family values” advocates. O’Meara also uses his theory to explain the stigmatization of Western high culture as “gay” and the worship of uncultured oafs as masculine ideals.
Although O’Meara grants that the “gay rights” movement is largely subversive, he argues that homosexuals have traditionally played prominent roles in creating and conserving Western civilization.
The Second, Embiggened edition of The Homo and the Negro collects 18 pieces on such topics as conservatism, homosexuality, race, fashion, historical preservation and gentrification, Occupy Wall Street, The Gilmore Girls, The Untouchables, The Big Chill, They Live, popular music (Heavy Metal, Black Metal, New Age, Scott Walker), and such figures as Noël Coward, Oscar Wilde, Humphrey Bogart, James Bond, Sherlock Holmes, Bruce Jenner, and Milo Yiannopoulos.
The volume has also been reset for greater readability and includes a detailed index.
Shaped by an eccentric, post-WWII American upbringing, James O’Meara draws upon “masculinist” writers like Hans Blüher, Alisdair Clarke, and Wulf Grimsson, as well as the Traditionalism of René Guénon, Julius Evola, and Alain Daniélou.
A work of broad learning, deep insight, and stunning originality, The Homo and the Negro establishes James O’Meara as one of the most iconoclastic and courageous voices on the New Right.
The Critics Speak!
“James O’Meara is the Camille Paglia of the New Right.”—Andy Nowicki, author of Lost Violent Souls
“Reading James O’Meara is a psychedelic experience.”—Jack Donovan, author of Becoming a Barbarian
“James O’Meara is my favorite literary and cultural critic.”—Greg Johnson, author of You Asked for It
“Satanic deviant filth”—Nick Griffin, author of Alt Right? Not Right!
“A poisonous doctrine”—Andrew Joyce
1. Five Years On: Preface to the Embiggened Edition
2. The Homo & the Negro: A Masculinist View of the Futility of the “Right”
3. Homosexuality, “Traditionalism,” & Really-Existing Tradition
4. A Band Apart: Wulf Grimsson’s Loki’s Way
5. Sir Noël Coward, 1899–1973
6. Accommodate This! Bruce Jenner & the Hermetic Rebis
7. Milo & the Miles
8. Wild Boys vs. “Hard Men”
9. Fashion Tips for the Far-from-Fabulous Right
10. This Old Gay House
11. The Gilmore Girls Occupy Wall Street
12. “God, I’m with a heathen”: The Rebirth of the Männerbund in Brian De Palma’s The Untouchables
13. Of Costner, Corpses, & Conception: Mother’s Day Meditations on The Untouchables & The Big Chill
14. The Baker Street Männerbund: Some Thoughts on Holmes, Watson, Bond, & Bonding
15. Humphrey Bogart: Man Among the Cockroaches
16. He Writes! You Read! They Live
17. I’ll Have a White Rock, Please: Implicit Whiteness, Aryan Futurism, & the Godlike Genius of Scott Walker
18. The Counter-Currents Interview
About the Author
James O’Meara is the author of The Eldritch Evola . . . & Others: Traditionalist Meditations on Literature, Art, & Culture (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2014); The End of an Era: Mad Men & the Ordeal of Civility (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2015); Green Nazis in Space! New Essays on Literature, Art, & Culture (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2015); A Review of James Neill’s “The Origins & Role of Same-Sex Relations in Human Societies” (Amazon Kindle, 2013); Trump: The Art of the Meme (Amazon Kindle, 2016); and Aryan Imperium: The Worldview & Geopolitics of the Alt-Right (Amazon Kindle, 2017). His articles and reviews have also been published by Counter-Currents/North American New Right, Alexandria, FringeWare Review, Aristokratia, and Judaic Book News.