Happy Mother’s Day to all our Counter-Currents readers, supporters, their mothers, and those readers and supporters who are mothers.
In his essay, “Sylvia Plath: Stasis in Darkness,” literary critic Vic Olvir remembers how, In her diary, poet Sylvia Plath commented on the unique importance of motherhood in a woman’s life:
It is not when I have a baby, but that I have one, and more, which is of supreme importance to me. I have always been extremely fond of the definition of Death which says it is: Inaccessibility to Experience, a Jamesian view, but so good. And for a woman to be deprived of the Great Experience her body is formed to partake of, to nourish, is a great and wasting Death. After all, a man need physically do no more than have the usual intercourse to become a father. A woman has 9 months of becoming something other than herself, of separating from this otherness, of feeding it and being a source of milk and honey to it. To be deprived of this is a death indeed. And to consummate love by bearing the child of the loved one is far profounder than any orgasm or intellectual rapport.
Below is a collection of essays from Counter-Currents that honor moms of the Right such as the iconic Phyllis Schlafly, and modern-day mom Laura Towler, Deputy Leader of Patriotic Alternative.
- “Sylvia Plath: Stasis in Darkness” by Vic Olvir
- “A Mother Fit to be a Queen” by Fullmoon Ancestry
- “The Extraordinary Woman from the Midwest” by Morris van de Camp
- Our 3-Part Series: “Women of the Far Right” by Amanda Bradley
- “The War Against White Women: My Account as a White Woman” by Laura Towler
- “The War Against White Women” by Richard Houck
- “Trump & the End of Feminism” by Greg Johnson
- “The Woman Question in White Nationalism” by Greg Johnson
- “Why Environmentalists Should Have Large Families” by Greg Johnson
- Brian Thorn’s “Social Credit Women of the Right” Series
- “The Beckys of Yore” by Morris van de Camp
- “Woman Being” by Juleigh Howard-Hobson
- “In Defense of Karens” by Robert Hampton
Sometimes, There’s Just No Pleasing These Sodomites
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 492 The Writers’ Bloc: Pox Populi & American Krogan on the Italian Election
Introduction to The Populist Moment
A Swing & a Miss: Andrew Torba & Andrew Isker’s Christian Nationalism
Get Up & Walk: Ivan Throne’s The Nine Laws
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 491 Millennial Woes & Morgoth on the Skeptic War
The Limited Hardcover Edition of The Enemy of Europe Is Now in Print & Shipping Soon!
Greg Johnson & Patriotic Alternative on Yockey’s The Enemy of Europe