Encouraging Signs for 2020Quintilian
I believe that optimism is a sucker’s game. Motivation is for losers. If you cannot find motivation within yourself no amount of cheerleading will make you succeed. Optimism is the enemy of reality, and reality is the only path to truth. Likewise, the dire pessimism expressed by so many on the Dissident Right is a constraint on the perception of reality.
In a social organism as vast and complicated as Western Civilization, it is almost impossible for any dissident group to initiate a wholesale change. Dissident groups succeed by exploiting the internal weaknesses and contradictions of the dominant political power. The Bolsheviks succeeded only because the Germans, desiring a quick end to the fighting on the Eastern front in World War I, transported Lenin back to Russia. And the Soviet Union collapsed from within. Its 30,000 nuclear warheads were unable to prevent its internal collapse, which was exacerbated by ideological exhaustion and hubris.
It is, therefore, timely and appropriate as we approach the new year to reassess in a manner based in reality, not in wishful thinking or suicidal gloom, the position in which the dissident right finds itself.
1. Although the past several years have been challenging, the Dissident Right has benefited by a culling process that has seen the disappearance or sidelining of a number of dubious characters who have allowed their ill-conceived public activism, daddy issues, and moral turpitude to impact negatively the entire movement.
2. The Groyper War was an unmitigated success. It was a carefully executed and well thought out plan that exhibited good leadership, excellent tactics, and appealing optics. The sight of intelligent, well-groomed, overtly Christian, and well-mannered young people politely asking questions and being attacked in such a hostile manner by Charlie Kirk, Ben Crenshaw (and that egregiously awful negro poofter whose name escapes me) is quite shocking and off-putting, especially to normies. Congresscritter Crenshaw was also revealed to be a bully and moron, someone so dense he still shills for Israel after having sacrificed an eye for ZOG. Most of all, the Groyper War was a wakeup call for normies that the Republican Party is every bit as much an enemy of whites as the Democrat Party.
3. As I have been predicting for some time, the left is eating its own. The latest and most woke Leftist to be condemned for not being woke enough is J. K. Rowling, who was a victim of “cancel culture” for being insufficiently down with transgender bathroom rights. Now that I think of it, I don’t believe there’s a whole lot of diversity at Hogwarts Academy. I think we need to start a campaign to get Rowling’s books and movies banned by Amazon. At the very least, Rowling needs to donate all of her earnings to a fund to provide scholarships at Hogwarts for Muggles of Color. Hey, hey, ho, ho, Harry Potter’s got to go!
4. Leftist control and subversion of academia is destroying a key component of the Cathedral. The situation is so dire in academia that college administrators are actually admitting there is a problem. Total college enrollment in academic year 2019–2020 is 250,000 students fewer than in the previous academic year. This is the ninth consecutive year of decline, and the decline shows no sign of abatement.
The most serious decline in academia is in the humanities, the most woke segment of the most woke component of the Cathedral. As colleges become more desperate for students they lower standards in a concomitant manner. Of course, as standards lower, tuition increases at an exponential rate in order to pay the high salaries of the ever-increasing armies of diversity and affirmative action officers. Ever-higher costs for an ever-lower quality product. Well, it’s no wonder they call economics the dismal science.
As the demands go out for more and more non-existent qualified negro applicants for college teaching positions, qualified white Leftists with Ivy League Ph.D.s are often rejected in favor of negroes with only masters degrees, or even just B.A.s. In other words, woke academia is destroying the goose that laid the golden egg.
As humanities departments shrink, there are fewer fellowships for woke white Leftists to pursue doctorates. And those who do matriculate often cannot find any jobs, or they are not considered for jobs reserved for unqualified negroes. The lack of academic qualifications has a very negative effect on teaching ability, which further drives down enrollment. Do you really want to pay $75,000 a year to be taught by affirmative action hires who don’t know their fields?
For example, most newly-minted Ph.D.s in Classics cannot read Latin or Greek. Even doctoral-level instruction is done with English translations, the original Latin and Greek deemed too “Eurocentric” (in reality, too difficult for feminists and negroes).
Another example, when I was in college back in the ’60s, my undergraduate institution had a very distinguished fine and applied arts department, many members of which were performers of international reputation. They were (horror of horrors!) all white, cisgender males.
I recently heard a faculty recital at my alma mater and the white, cisgender males were no longer present. Instead, there was every combination of gender-fluid, non-binary, non-white humanoid present. What was missing was any semblance of musical ability. For one singer, it was not entirely clear if he (she, it, zur?) was singing or attempting to pass a kidney stone. The students of my era performed at a much higher level than the faculty of today. And tuition has only increased 22.5 times since I graduated. Getting less for more. That’s the real definition of diversity.
The good news is that woke academia faces an existential crisis of incredible proportions. Clayton Christensen of the Harvard School of Business even predicts that 50% of America’s college will go bankrupt in the next 10 to 15 years. If Professor Christensen is right, that’s a lot of gender studies majors who are going to have to become baristas. They better hope Starbucks doesn’t become automated.
5. While I have no doubt that Boris Johnson will be every bit as disappointing a politician as our Buffoon-in-Chief Donald Trump, the December British Parliamentary election was a joy to witness, complete with hours of Leftist butthurt and the decoupling of the British working class from the Labour Party. This will, of course, cause the Labour Party to become even more overtly anti-white, which will drive even more whites to the cause of white well-being. Unlike Trump and woke academia, Boris Johnson, a classics major at Oxford, can actually read Latin and Greek, and this YouTube video shows him reciting from heart a large segment of the Iliad during a talk in Melbourne.
Think about it for a minute. The white working class of Britain embraced a posh graduate of Eton and Oxford, a man of wealth and privilege who can recite from the Iliad in ancient Greek just for kicks. Something is afoot, and it is making our enemies very, very scared. 2020 is going to be a very fascinating year.
The (So-Called) New York “Thought Criminals” & the “Intellectual Dark Web”
The Psychology of the Politically Correct
Librarians are Bad for Children
The Union Jackal, April 2023
The State of the Nation for White Advocates
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of the Trans Phenomenon
The Roald Dahl Controversy
Michael Gibson’s Paper Belt on Fire
Meme Trump into Hitler again and he’ll win easy
I believe you meant to write “Dan Crenshaw”. Ben Crenshaw was a great putter and major champion winner but I don’t remember him getting involved in the groyper war.
You are correct. My apologies.
“ For example, most newly-minted Ph.D.s in Classics cannot read Latin or Greek. Even doctoral-level instruction is done with English translations”
I would request some support or reference for this statement. I myself am both trans and intersectional yet I read both Latin and Greek, and am nowhere near phd. The greatest Latin authors of the silver age hailed from North Africa, such as Apuleius and augustine.
You’ll want to read this. A friend of mine who is a leading classicist was at this meeting and says that minority classicists demanded that no paper by a white scholar be published in the organization’s journal for the next ten years. He confirms that many newly-minted classics Ph.Ds cannot read Latin or Greek because when his department interviews candidates for open positions, most cannot pass a simple translation test that they put them through.
My god, words can’t describe…I actually went to that meeting when I was young. It was scholarly and dignified at the time.
I would say,”most of the buildings you walk into everyday were built by men as well. Do you stay outside all the time as a result?”
“The math and physics departments are staffed almost exclusively by white men. Why is that? Why aren’t you protesting these departments?”
“Have you read the Bell Curve? It’s in book stores.”
Unfortunately, most “scholarly” humanities organizations are like that nowadays. Many are far worse.
Augustine is more Late Antiquity than Silver Age, which was the epoch of Tacitus, Seneca, Pliny et al. The much earlier Terence also hailed from North Africa, but that might mean he was Punic, Numidian or even Greek.
I love the phrasing of the concept “The decoupling of the British working class from the Labour party, [which] will, of course, cause the Labour Party (or Leftist Democrats in the U.S.) to become even more overtly anti-white, which will then drive even more whites to the cause of white well-being.”
White Well-Being — I see this as being the central tenet of White Nationalism, in my opinion, and one I will always attach to White Nationalism in my heart.
I wish I could claim the phrase white well-being as my own, but it was coined by Jason Koehne of the website and podcast No White Guilt, which I highly recommend.
I was going to mention No White Guilt myself. Now there’s a pro-white show overflowing with positivity and (dare I say) optimism. Particularly recommended for anyone struggling with discouragement.
The question is always the same (at least for me for the past 30+ years): will our people awaken in sufficient numbers in time actually to prevent civilizational collapse and racial extinction? It was always inevitable that, as “diversity” strengthened and White Civ weakened (an instance in which correlation absolutely equaled causation), ever greater numbers of our people would be awakened to the reality of racial differences and the evils of diversity. We white racialists were always correct, including that it was only a matter of time until vastly more whites came to realize this.
But just because more whites are red-pilling, it hardly follows that even a small dose of optimism is warranted, as. per above, this is exactly what we would have expected. Change breeds reaction; but will reaction eventually overwhelm and suppress (new, additional) change? So far, I hate to admit, there is no evidence of this. And we are, as Jared Taylor had it two decades ago, in a “race against time”, pitting the rising awakened with the continuing and intensifying alien invasion-colonization. And even if we ever do what, for reasons I do not pretend to understand, we still have not done – END the alien invasion – we will only then be confronted with the far more terrible issue of how to fully recover our homelands from existing, now multi-generational alien colonizers (and then beyond that, ensure the long term preservation of our recovered homelands from both external military conquest, and future [post-racial-apocalyptic] liberal re-subversion).
Our only hope lay in either 1) a racial-nationalist “conflagration” (ie, after decades of political and metapolitical groundwork, some event or person ignites an astonishingly rapid turnabout in white racial attitudes; massive political uprisings have certainly happened before, if/when the objective conditions are ripe), or 2) the conscious self-relocation and geographic ingathering of white preservationists to a place or a few places in which we can become electoral majorities who will in turn use our power gradually to “tighten the ring” around nonwhites in these territories such as to indirectly encourage them to exit. That is, I see whites doing to a few defined places what nonwhites have done to, say, California or, more severely, South Africa (move in/colonize, and then begin democratically changing laws to suit themselves in such a way that the non-tribe persons exit the territory of their own accord).
But I do like the declining college enrollment. Western universities are very active agents in the undermining of the West, as well as secure financial redoubts for vast numbers of antiwhites (and anticonservatives more broadly). Anything which undermines them is a good thing.
Very good and inspiring words in this short text. I suppose, today’s leftists are drawn from the same crowd that would have made up the fanatical religious zealots of yesteryear. Such crazed personality traits are extant in populations and erupt in times of decay and weakness, such as are occurring now as a consequence of the outcome of the First and Second War.
It’s quite clear that a civilisation cannot project itself into the future with laughable public-prosecutor enforcable tenets such as non-existence of biological sexes or producing excellence not by upholding, but lowering standards of performance, in order to satisfy leftist conceits of equality of everything as a reality immanent in nature, or vice versa, inequality (of abilities, teachability, creativity, etc.) as mere, and therefore, arbitrary, social constructs. This belief that the world is nothing but a giant office which may be run with effectively enforced rules by proper authority is both the reality of leftist thinking, as well as the cliff on which the world as it has become now will founder.
I hesitate to say this, because it really doesn’t have much to do with the thrust of this very good essay, but two points:
(1) We should all prefer realism over blind optimism, but just what reality is isn’t always clear. So every so often something that seems impossible is in fact possible, and the only way to discover that is to be optimistic enough to take a shot in the first place. (“Heavier than air flight? Impossible!”)
(2) Anyone who thinks extrinsic motivation can be a magic pill that will solve everything is deluding himself, but often all that is sought and all that is provided is some added motivation, which certainly can make a measurable difference. (Think a good coach or a good general saying the right thing at the right time.)
Hey, hey, ho, ho, Harry Potter’s got to go!
Hah, good one.
I think demanding that white “anti-racists” prove their anti-racism by going full anti-white is the most fruitful approach to exacerbating the political divide. This applies to conservatives as much as to liberals.
Alex Linder’s approach of attacking conservatives for not being pro-white enough largely fails because they can always shrug their shoulders and dismiss you as an extremist loon. Being attacked this way doesn’t cause them any discomfort at all, and doesn’t force them to choose between being pro-white or anti-white.
In contrast, demanding that they demonstrate their anti-racism by attacking white normalcy – basically, anything white can be attacked for merely existing – would more likely cause them some serious discomfort, and they may decide that “anti-racism” really is a mug’s game after all. If the most important political decision facing whites today is the choice between being pro-white or anti-white, then it helps to remove the murky middle and compel them to choose.
I know so many white liberals whom hold Harry Potter so dear to their hearts I may take extreme joy in criticizing it for being too white.
Not sure if that is self-destructive or the right move though . . . even as white Liberals they were still drawn to implicitly white stories and fantasy. . . anyone have any thoughts on this?
Great video of Boris there, thanks for sharing that. I find him questionable as a politician yet undoubtedly an erudite and interesting character. His pronunciation is horrific though!
I can also attest for certain that academia is dropping its requirements of ability in classical languages like zestis patates. Shameful. Also, art history departments are having trouble enrolling enough students and are being down-sized or even shuttered entirely.
Comments are closed.
If you have Paywall access,
simply login first to see your comment auto-approved.
Note on comments privacy & moderation
Your email is never published nor shared.
Comments are moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. If approved, it will appear here soon. Do not post your comment a second time.
Edit your comment