Those on the Right who believe that modern art is always “decadent” need to come to grips with Italian Futurism. In commemoration of the birthday of Filippo Marinetti, the founder of Italian Futurism and one of the prophets of Fascism, I would like to draw your attention to several writings on this Website.
1. Marinetti’s own “Futurist Manifesto ” of 1909.
4. Ted Sallis’ review essay on Mark Antliff’s Avant-Garde Fascism .
5. A. Graham’s “Fascism, Futurism, & Aviation .”
6. Marinetti is briefly discussed in this interview with Giordano Bruno Guerri, “’68 was Invented by D’Annunzio .”
There are two excellent English language editions of Marinetti’s principal works:
1. Selected Poems and Related Prose , trans. Elizabeth R. Napier and Barbara R. Studholme (New Haven: Yale University Press, 2002)
2. Critical Writings , ed. Günter Berghaus, trans. Doug Thompson (New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2006)