Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter: October 2015Greg Johnson
Dear Friends of Counter-Currents,
After a big jump in traffic in September, October was a month of leveling off. This has been a pattern over the years with Counter-Currents: sudden upsurges in traffic, followed by plateaus. October traffic was slightly down because in September we had several articles that went “viral,” whereas in October that did not happen.
1. Our Readership and Web Traffic
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||“Hits”||Bandwidth|
|October 2015||118,247||320,680||1,226,301||3,599,419||62.65 GB|
|September 2015||124,342||325,517||1,266,197||3,653,818||65.50 GB|
|August 2015||103,769||264,613||1,082,267||2,992,773||52.13 GB|
|July 2015||103,188||281,469||1,263,504||3,307,479||55.38 GB|
|June 2015||119,264||288,620||1,289,808||3,439,675||57.42 GB|
|April 2015||79,251||144,783||666,989||1,576,493||14.12 GB|
|March 2015||86,251||173,236||749,068||1,545,146||14.21 GB|
|February 2015||76,322||148,894||526,666||1,208,728||10.92 GB|
|January 2015||86,263||171,544||612,211||1,348,105||13.35 GB|
|December 2014||78,658||152,838||538,903||896,560||9.73 GB|
|November 2014||86,254||172,786||678,026||741,633||7.93 GB|
|October 2014||85,852||174,240||678,119||748,061||8.15 GB|
|September 2014||61,485||121,651||448,701||505,472||8.92 GB|
|August 2014||62,415||127,630||438,270||501,703||8.62 GB|
|July 2014||63,223||149,786||456,117||536,178||8.79 GB|
|June 2014||58,147||116,084||327,309||366,568||7.16 GB|
|May 2014||59,321||116,293||321,397||363,432||7.08 GB|
|April 2014||56,511||110,621||318,831||367,018||6.91 GB|
|March 2014||65,619||117,881||335,592||380,785||7.89 GB|
|February 2014||55,805||100,271||300,207||346,026||6.18 GB|
|January 2014||82,567||209,131||1,130,149||1,224,623||98.64 GB|
|July 2013||82,106||200,961||1,619,899||1,813,531||124.29 GB|
|June 2013||80,409||197,258||1,730,633||1,884,016||103.77 GB|
|May 2013||95,667||221,260||1,758,299||1,897,099||103.67 GB|
|April 2013||81,328||192,910||1,528,169||1,634,540||91.16 GB|
|March 2013||83,303||189,545||1,477,001||1,778,006||94.98 GB|
|February 2013||81,999||185,688||1,396,374||1,498,502||75.33 GB|
|January 2013||100,054||208,004||900,577||1,012,979||40.81 GB|
|December 2012||109,265||224,793||926,117||1,143,248||37.53 GB|
|November 2012||107,956||199,912||584,115||755,419||29.95 GB|
|October 2012||81,739||157,152||410,096||416,362||16.36 GB|
|September 2012||66,719||132,503||455,938||493,856||17.73 GB|
|August 2012||41,616||96,314||305,729||329,353||12.23 GB|
|July 2012||52,304||108,340||367,589||373,470||12.52 GB|
|June 2012||55,112||110,246||400,141||404,162||13.66 GB|
|May 2012||56,323||111,533||400,243||404,483||15.70 GB|
|April 2012||56,772||110,029||421,446||428,678||16.08 GB|
|March 2012||55,572||106,029||441,170||475,719||16.36 GB|
|February 2012||53,345||99,607||376,288||411,915||14.43 GB|
|January 2012||56,633||107,644||408,373||433,736||21.38 GB|
|December 2011||49,845||97,223||337,881||344,210||13.65 GB|
|November 2011||44,445||88,824||330,664||339,521||14.22 GB|
|October 2011||45,590||90,444||337,137||468,197||17.78 GB|
|September 2011||45,427||88,782||422,902||481,909||11.67 GB|
|August 2011||40,002||81,012||502,282||2,083,593||53.18 GB|
|July 2011||30,186||66,093||416,309||1,952,047||71.23 GB|
|June 2011||28,629||57,920||264,928||1,004,128||22.78 GB|
|May 2011||36,596||78,103||274,841||1,334,472||47.59 GB|
|April 2011||20,091||58,037||223,291||2,729,449||54.65 GB|
|March 2011||29,768||62,077||220,053||2,485,001||52.21 GB|
|February 2011||29,737||61,519||213,121||2,081,558||40.13 GB|
|January 2011||28,583||60,005||198,249||1,736,067||34.06 GB|
|December 2010||26,161||50,975||192,905||1,101,829||27.79 GB|
|November 2010||26,054||48,336||171,833||915,553||26.39 GB|
|October 2010||17,848||35,921||140,365||611,367||17.93 GB|
|September 2010||17,063||34,510||147,051||580,550||16.39 GB|
|August 2010||12,174||22,348||93,379||333,614||10.17 GB|
|July 2010||9,387||17,329||119,254||348,172||10.01 GB|
|June 2010||6,145||10,328||70,732||200,824||6.08 GB|
2. Our Webzine
In October, we added 77 pieces and more than 500 comments to our webzine.
3. October’s Top 20 Pieces (with Number of Reads)
- Émile Durand, “Toward a Baltic-Black Sea Union: ‘Intermarium’ as a Viable Model for White Revival,” 7,031
- F. Roger Devlin, “The Roots of German Self-Immolation,” 6,888
- Patrick Le Brun, “White Nationalists Need Plan Parenthood Not the Pope,” 6,166
- Greg Johnson, “The Refutation of Libertarianism,” 6,142
- Greg Johnson, “White Civilization in the Dumpster,” 5,614
- Irmin Vinson, “The Heresy of Christian Zionism,” 5,272
- Greg Johnson, “Reframing the Jewish Question,” 4,524
- Greg Johnson, “Michel Houellebecq’s Submission,” 4,441
- Julius Evola, “Negrified America,” 4,191
- Greg Johnson, “White Genocide,” 4,172
- F. Roger Devlin, “The Evolutionary Psychologist’s Guide to Picking Up Girls,” 3,778
- Collin Cleary, “Asatru as a Living Tradition,” 3,657
- Greg Johnson interviews Daniel Friberg on the Swedish New Right, 3,650
- Guillaume Durocher, “Is the European Union a US Puppet?” 3,644
- Greg Johnson, “Toward the Tipping Point,” 3,534
- Margot Metroland, “Remembering Willis Carto,” 3,347
- James J. O’Meara, “Shining Pony Wins,” 3,293
- Jack Donovan, “Sorry, But I Don’t Follow the Ladies’ Gossip Magazines,” 3,287
- Kevin Beary, “Life Styles: Native and Imposed,” 3,192
- Buttercup Dew, “Full Nazi,” 3,159
In October, Greg Johnson had 7 top 20 pieces, counting his interview with Daniel Friberg; F. Roger Devlin had two pieces; Émile Durand, Irmin Vinson, Julius Evola, Jack Donovan, Guillaume Durocher, Margot Metroland, James J. O’Meara, Kevin Beary, and Buttercup Dew each had 1; Jack Donovan’s piece was first written in 2012 and rose from the crypt mysteriously due to search engine traffic. I thought perhaps that Hugo Schwyzer had finally committed suicide. But no. The cause remains mysterious. I want to thank all our writers for making Counter-Currents great.
4. October’s Top Countries
- United States
- Great Britain
- Russian Federation
Just for fun, October’s bottom 20 countries (bearing in mind that some countries might have even fewer readers, i.e., none)
- Equatorial Guinea
- Cayman Island
- Cook Islands
- San Marino
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Faroe Islands
5. October’s Top Cities
- New York
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
- Los Angeles
Our top cities include 6 US cities (3 on the West Coast), 2 Canadian cities, 2 Australian cities, and 12 national capitals.
6. Our Book Publishing
In April, we published Collin Cleary’s What is a Rune?
In August, we published James J. O’Meara’s End of an Era: Mad Men and the Ordeal of Civility.
In November, we will release Jef Costello’s novel Heidegger in Chicago and a new collection of Greg Johnson’s writings called Truth, Justice, and a Nice White Country.
Later this autumn/winter, we will release North American New Right, vol. 2; Julius Evola’s East and West; Jef Costello’s essay collection The Importance of James Bond; and James J. O’Meara’s Green Nazi in Space!
In April, Logik Forlag in Sweden published a Swedish edition of Greg Johnson’s New Right vs. Old Right, which is also coming out in French, Spanish, and Polish translations. Collin Cleary’s Summoning the Gods will appear in French translation. Andy Nowicki’s Under the Nihil and Lost Violent Souls will appear in Portuguese.
7. Our Amazon Affiliate Membership
In March, under pressure from the SPLC, which was amplified in the pages of the Washington Post, Amazon.com dropped Counter-Currents from its Affiliate Marketing program, which earned us about $6,000/year — a substantial financial hit to a business as small as ours. The SPLC’s aim, of course, is to put us out of business. Fortunately, our readers have rallied to our aid.
8. Counter-Currents Events
- On September 26th, Greg Johnson gave a talk called “Toward the Tipping Point” in Stockholm.
- On October 3rd, Greg Johnson gave a talk on “The Refutation of Libertarianism” at the London Forum.
9. Six Easy Ways You Can Help Counter-Currents
- Like our Facebook page and recommend that your friends do as well: https://www.facebook.com/counter.currents.publishing.
- Review our books at Amazon.com.
- Link our articles and recommend them to your friends.
- Buy our books, which helps us break even.
- Donate, to keep us in the fight.
- Make a bequest in your will.
10. Our Mailing List
If you wish to join our mailing list for occasional sale announcements and fundraising appeals, fill out the form below:
None of this would be possible without our writers, donors, proofreaders, and above all, you, our readers. Thank you!
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right
Remembering Friedrich Nietzsche (October 15, 1844–August 25, 1900)
Remembering Aleister Crowley
(October 12, 1875–December 1, 1947)
Contre le sectarisme de droite
Qu’est-ce que l’Alt Right ?
Savitri Devi, Traditionalism, & Nature Religion
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 375 Greg Johnson, Stephen Paul Foster, & Richard Houck on How to Respond to Being Called a “Hater!”
Remembering Roy Campbell (October 2, 1901–April 22, 1957)
Remembering Louis de Bonald:
October 2, 1754–November 23, 1840