Anthony Mario Ludovici was born on January 8, 1882.
Ludovici was one of the first and most accomplished translators of Nietzsche into English and a leading exponent of Nietzsche’s thought. Ludovici was also an original philosopher in his own right. In nearly forty books, including eight novels, and hundreds of shorter works, Ludovici set forth his views on metaphysics, religion, ethics, politics, economics, the sexes, health, eugenics, art, modern culture, and current events with a clarity, wit, and fearless honesty that made him famous.
A passionate, principled defender of aristocracy and conservatism and a fierce, uncompromising critic of egalitarianism in all its manifestations, Ludovici was consigned to obscurity after the Second World War.
But in recent years, through the power of his thought and the promotional efforts of John V. Day, Ludovici’s writings have found a whole new audience.
In commemoration of Ludovici’s birth, we are publishing “Anthony Ludovici: Conservative from Another World ,” originally published in Instauration.
See also John Day’s “What is Best Will Rule: Anthony Ludovici on Aristocracy and Democracy .”
I also wish to draw your attention to John Day’s extensive online archive of Ludovici’s writings: http://www.anthonymludovici.com/ 
John Day is also the editor of The Lost Philosopher: The Best of Anthony M. Ludovici , which is now available at deeply discounted prices:
- Hardcover (limited edition, numbered): $10 [wp_eStore_add_to_cart id=19]
- Paperback: $5 [wp_eStore_add_to_cart id=20]
For more details about the contents, click here .
Wholesale inquiries welcome.
For orders of five or more, contact us to determine postage: [email protected] .
The Lost Philosopher is also available in Kindle and Nook E-book formats .
The following excerpts from The Lost Philosopher are available on this website:
- “Ludovici on Feminism and Emasculation “
- “In Defense of Vain Women “
- “In Defense of Domineering Women “
- “In Defense of Bad Taste ” (Portuguese translation here )
- “In Defense of Deceptive Women “
- “Christianity and Dysgenics “
- “The Five Cardinal Female Virtues “
- “Like Should Marry Like “
- “Ludovici on Misplaced Chivalry and Emasculation “
Other works on this site by Ludovici include:
- “The Jews as a Race “
- Excerpts from The Jews and the Jews in England 
- “Change Society’s Values ” (On the Jewish question)
- “Hitler and Nietzsche “
- “Hitler and the Third Reich “
- “Memories of Dr. Oscar Levy “
- “Memories of Hitler and the Third Reich “
- “Memories of Orage, Gurdjieff, and Ouspensky “
- “Memories of G. K. Chesterton “
- “My Education,” Part I 
- “My Education,” Part II 
- “My Education,” Part III 
- “On Wuthering Heights “
- Review of Brooks Adams’ The Law of Civilization and Decay 
- “Whistler, Kant, and Modern Art “
Because of the renewed interest in Ludovici’s work, many of his writings have recently been reprinted and are available at Amazon.com .