Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter: March 2012Greg Johnson
Dear Friends of Counter-Currents,
March was a good month for Counter-Currents. Thank you for being part of our success.
1. Our Readership and Web Traffic
If you visited our website in March, you were one of 55,572 unique visitors. These visitors paid us 106,029 visits. The pages you viewed were among the 441,170 pages viewed in March.
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||“Hits”||Bandwidth|
|June 2010||6,145||10,328||70,732||200,824||6.08 GB|
|July 2010||9,387||17,329||119,254||348,172||10.01 GB|
|June 2011||28,629||57,920||264,928||1,004,128||22.78 GB|
|July 2011||30,186||66,093||416,309||1,952,047||71.23 GB|
|August 2011||40,002||81,012||502,282||2,083,593||53.18 GB|
|September 2011||45,427||88,782||422,902||481,909||11.67 GB|
|October 2011||45,590||90,444||337,137||468,197||17.78 GB|
|November 2011||44,445||88,824||330,664||339,521||14.22 GB|
|December 2011||49,845||97,223||337,881||344,210||13.65 GB|
|January 2012||56,633||107,644||408,373||433,736||21.38 GB|
|February 2012||53,345||99,607||376,288||411,915||14.43 GB|
|March 2012||55,572||106,029||441,170||475,719||16.36 GB|
As you can see, in March, our traffic has remained plateaued. Our daily averages were basically the same as January’s and February’s. This has been a pattern: growth spurts, followed by a few months plateaued.
2. Our Blog
In March, we added 71 posts to the website, for a total of 1,594 posts since going online on June 11, 2010. We also added over 700 new comments, passing the 10,000 total comments mark.
3. March’s Top Twenty Articles (with date of publication and number of reads)
- Trevor Lynch, review of Pulp Fiction, June 29 and July 6, 2011: 8,250
- Daniel W. Michaels, “Exposing Stalin’s Plan to Conquer Europe,” April 21, 2011: 4,798
- Irmin Vinson, “Some Thoughts on Hitler,” April 20, 2011: 4,408
- Gregory Hood, review of Scarface, February 27, 2011: 4,082
- Gregory Hood, review of The Hunger Games, March 22, 2012: 3,418
- Jonathan Bowden, “Western Civilization Bites Back” (Counter-Currents Radio), March 3, 2012: 2,304
- Matt Parrott, “In Defense of Kony,” March 8, 2012: 1,784
- Trevor Lynch, review of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, February 10, 2011: 1,710
- Jef Costello, review of Jack Donovan’s The Way of Men, March 26, 2012: 1,660
- Christopher Pankhurst, “Kony 2012 and Fifth Generation Warfare,” March 12, 2012: 1,552
- F. Roger Devlin, “Europe vs. The West,” review of Pierre Krebs, Fighting for the Essence, February 29, 2012: 1,540
- Jack Donovan, “The Trouble with Squares,” March 28, 2012: 1,481
- Andrew Hamilton, “Philosemitism and Brutality,” March 23, 2012: 1,460
- Tomislav Sunic, “Titans are in Town,” Preface to Pierre Krebs, Fighting for the Essence, March 9, 2012: 1,428
- Andrew Hamilton, “Anders Breivik’s Life Sentence,” March 16, 2012: 1,420
- Counter-Currents Radio, “Down the Rabbit Hole with Horus the Avenger,” March 24, 2012: 1,308
- William Pierce, “Lies for Profit: The Myth of Black History,” February 2, 2011: 1,283
- William Joyce, “Historical Background to the Second World War,” March 8, 2012: 1,156
- Greg Johnson, “Kony 2012 and Jason Russell,” March 21, 2012: 1,134
- Irmin Vinson, “Quelques réflexions sur Hitler,” May 31, 2011: 1,109
Trevor Lynch’s review essay on Pulp Fiction from June/July 2012 was our top article. His review of the original The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo fell to number 8 after being our top article for the three consecutive months.
Irmin Vinson on Hitler (in both French and English) and Gregory Hood on Scarface remained among our most popular pieces. Daniel Michaels’ essay on Stalin’s plan to conquer Europe returned to the top ten.
Three of our articles on the Kony 2012 phenomenon were in the top 20.
Andrew Hamilton, Gregory Hood, Irmin Vinson, and Trevor Lynch both had two articles in our top 20 (Hood had two in the top 5). Two of our top 20 are our new Counter-Currents Radio podcasts.
Four of our top 20 articles are about movies: Pulp Fiction, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Scarface, and The Hunger Games. Five if you count my analysis of Kony 2012. Since Hollywood and the television industry are the primary media of anti-white propaganda, racially conscious analyses of movies and TV are highly effective at drawing traffic and combating enemy propaganda. (See Trevor Lynch, “Why I Write.”)
4. Where Our Readers Are: The top 20 Countries
Our web statistics program gives us a country-by-country breakdown of our readership. Here are the top 20 countries:
1. United States
2. Great Britain
9. The Netherlands
15. Russian Federation
16. Czech Republic
5. Where Our Readers Are: The Top 20 Cities
2. New York City
3. San Francisco
10. Vancouver, B.C.
15. Mexico City
17. Los Angeles
20. Washington, D.C.
Eight of our top cities are in the United States. Four are on the West Coast of North America: San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, and Vancouver, B.C.. Two are in Canada: Toronto and Vancouver. Two are in Australia: Melbourne and Sydney. Two are in England: London and Manchester. Seven of them are national capitals: Washington, D.C., London, Berlin, Stockholm, Athens, Mexico City, and Dublin.
6. Adventures in New Media
Counter-Currents will always be focused on print and online publications. But we recognize the value of other media to get our message out. Thus in January, we launched Counter-Currents Radio, a weekly podcast for those who enjoy audio content. Each podcast is also accompanied by a written transcript. In March, we launched our Video of the Day feature. I want to give special thanks to Michael Polignano, who is primarily responsible for Counter-Currents Radio, including transcription and all technical details.
7. We Need Your Help
Like all promoters of unpopular ideas, Counter-Currents depends upon the generosity of donors. The chart above indicates that we have made immense gains in a little more than a year and a half. We are reaching people, and we will reach more with your help. If you have been thinking about helping our efforts, please make a donation today.
You can make two different types of donations:
- A single donation of any size.
- A recurring donation of any size.
To make a donation, click https://counter-currents.com/donate/
We call those who make a recurring donation of $10/month or more “the Vanguard.” One incentive to join the Vanguard is that we have decided to limit the deluxe hardcover edition of our annual journal North American New Right to 200 numbered copies, which will be available only to Vanguard members, i.e., donors who give $120 or more in a given year, either in lump sums or by monthly donations.
The donation page also explains other incentives available to monthly donors: https://counter-currents.com/donate/
8. The Amazon.com Affiliate Program
Wouldn’t it be great if you could choose where your sales taxes go? Well, Amazon.com’s Affiliate Program allows you to earmark 7% of your Amazon purchases to Counter-Currents at no additional cost to you. That is about the average sales tax that Americans pay.
That’s why we are so grateful to all of you who have been using Counter-Currents affiliate links to make your purchases at Amazon.com. These links are embedded in our articles, and there is a large one at the top of our right hand navigation bar.
Each month, we receive about $200 in Amazon affiliate commissions. This is particularly impressive, given that only a small percentage of our readers are actually using these links — I would estimate fewer than 10% of the people on this newsletter list. (This is just a guess. Amazon.com protects your privacy even when you buy through an affiliate link.) If everyone reading this were to take part in this program, our support would grow considerably.
To use the Amazon Affiliate program, click on the following link, which is also at the top of the right hand navigation bar:
If you have Amazon.com bookmarked on your computer, click the link above and then replace your bookmark with the page that appears. This will allow you to go directly to Amazon.com, and Counter-Currents will receive the same commission.
This link takes you to the Non-Fiction Books page. For some reason, Amazon.com will not allow us to construct a link to their home page. Also, we cannot build links to Amazon.com stores outside the US.
If there is a particular Amazon.com page to which you usually go first, email me and let me know, and I will happily construct a custom affiliate link for you. It is that important that we make it easy for you to participate.
Note: The affiliate link gives Counter-Currents a commission on anything you buy on Amazon.com, on any page, so long as you enter Amazon through one of the links.
* * *
I want to thank our writers, donors, and proofreaders; our webmaster/Managing Editor; and above all, you, our readers for being part of a growing intellectual and spiritual community.
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 380 Greg Johnson & Endeavour Discuss James Bond
Racial Solidarity & Moral Hazard
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 379 Ask Me Anything with Greg Johnson & Endeavour
Remembering Friedrich Nietzsche (October 15, 1844–August 25, 1900)
Remembering Aleister Crowley
(October 12, 1875–December 1, 1947)
Contre le sectarisme de droite
Qu’est-ce que l’Alt Right ?
Savitri Devi, Traditionalism, & Nature Religion