Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter: November 2010Greg Johnson
This is the first monthly Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter, which contains news and a special offer.
You are receiving this either because you asked to be placed on our mailing list or because I thought you might like to be on this list. If I was mistaken about that, please let me know and I can remove you. Also, please let me know if you would prefer that I use a different email address. Nobody else on this list will have access to your email address.
When Mike Polignano and I started Counter-Currents Publishing and North American New Right back in June, we really weren’t convinced that there was an audience out there for an explicitly White Nationalist metapolitical publishing house and journal with a focus on philosophy, political theory, religion, history, literature, the arts, popular culture, etc.
Frankly, we have been astonished and encouraged by the steady growth in our readership and the many high quality writers and commenters we have begun to attract. When you publish intelligent material, you attract intelligent readers. Thus Counter-Currents/North American New Right is becoming the center of a world-wide network of racially aware people who are highly literate, intelligent, idealistic, creative, and intellectually adventurous. These are the kinds of people who can change the world. (The next step is to move from virtual community to face-to-face interaction and collaboration.)
We went online on June 11, just under six months ago. In that time, we have published two books, 416 online pieces, and more than 1,040 comments. Our full traffic statistics are printed below, but I can’t resist mentioning that in November, we had 44,833 visits to the site from 26,054 unique visitors, who looked at 617,183 pages and racked up 915,553 “hits.”
To give you a benchmark for comparison, it took TOQ Online, the previous site I edited, nearly a year to build the kind of traffic that we have achieved in less than six months.
In addition to my editorial work, I have personally written 23 articles and translated 28 others.
Based on the statistics and the growth trends, I can confidently say that Counter-Currents and North American New Right are here to stay.
Many people have expressed their gratitude for the many hours we have put into the website and our print publications. Many have offered their financial support. We are flattered and we are grateful. I will explain how you can help below.
There is much more to read, but before you get to the meat of this newsletter, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you–our writers, donors, book buyers, faithful readers, thoughtful commentators, and personal friends–for everything you have done to make our success possible.
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right
1. How you can help Counter-Currents at no cost to yourself
Amazon.com has an affiliate marketing program. If you visit Amazon through the Counter-Currents site and make any qualified purchase, Amazon will pay Counter-Currents a commission at no additional cost to yourself. The link to Amazon is on the upper right hand bar at the Counter-Currents site.
If you have Amazon.com bookmarked on your computer, click the following link and then replace your bookmark with the page that appears. This will allow you to go directly to Amazon.com, and Counter-Currents will receive the same commission.
2. Our First Two Titles in Paperback
Our first two titles, Michael O’Meara’s Toward the White Republic and Michael J. Polignano’s Taking Our Own Side are being released in paperback editions in December. The list price is $20. The limited, numbered and signed hardcover edition of Toward the White Republic is now sold out. A few copies remain of the limited edition of Taking Our Own Side.
3. Our Next Title
We are currently readying our next title for the press: Kerry Bolton’s Artists of the Right: Resisting Decadence, which contains fourteen chapters on racially conscious artists: D. H. Lawrence, H. P. Lovecraft, Gabriele D’Annunzio, Filippo Marinetti, W. B. Yeats, Knut Hamsun, Ezra Pound, Percy Wyndham Lewis, Henry Williamson, Roy Campbell, P. R. Stephensen, Rex Fairburn, Count Potocki of Montalk, and Yukio Mishima. The volume includes an Introduction by Greg Johnson as well as a detailed Index. The book is 220 pages in length.
Like all Counter-Currents titles, the first edition will be limited to 100 numbered hardbound copies. Because the author is in New Zealand, we cannot offer signed and personalized copies. The cost of the limited edition is $35, plus $5 postage for up to 2 copies in the US, $11 for up to 2 copies to Canada and Mexico, and $13 for up to 2 copies to the rest of the world. The release date is January 31, 2011.
Recipients of this Newsletter can pre-order Artists of the Right for the special price of $30 (a savings of $5) until December 15th. For Paypal payments, use this email address: [email protected]. You can send checks or money orders to:
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
PO Box 22638
San Francisco, CA 94122
Note: Be sure to include the correct postage and an email address in case we need to contact you.
4. The First Volume of North American New Right
North American New Right appears in two formats: our webzine where something new appears every day and a print edition that collects the best articles, interviews, and reviews from the website (plus additional material) into a handsome book that will be published annually. The model is the journals Tyr: Myth, Culture, Tradition or Alexandria: The Journal of Western Cosmological Traditions. The deadline for the first volume of the print edition is New Year’s Eve, and we will send it to press in March of 2011.
Authors in the first volume include Michael O’Meara, Kevin MacDonald, Ted Sallis, Greg Johnson, Jonathan Bowden, Derek Hawthorne, Kerry Bolton, F. Roger Devlin, Amanda Bradley, J. Howard-Hobson, and others. There are also translations of works by Alain de Benoist, Guillaume Faye, Robert Steuckers, Dominique Venner, Edouard Rix, and Julius Evola. The volume includes a memorial symposium in honor of Francis Parker Yockey. The volume will be 320 pages in length and available in both hardcover and paperback.
5. Web Traffic
Our readership continues to grow dramatically. Here are our statistics from June 11, 2010, when the site first went online, until the end of November.
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||Hits||Bandwidth|
6. November’s Top Ten Articles (with date of publication and number of readers on our site [they are also read on other sites and forwarded around as emails])
- Trevor Lynch, The Dark Knight, movie review, September 27: 2,782 views
- Vic Olvir, “Sylvia Plath: Stasis in Darkness,” November 9: 2,228
- Greg Johnson, “White Nationalists and the Political ‘Mainstream,'” November 5: 2,058
- Greg Johnson, “Secret Agents,” November 21: 1,803
- Greg Johnson, “Implicit Whiteness and the Republicans,” November 12: 1,777
- Trevor Lynch, Hellboy, movie review, August 6: 1,662
- Greg Johnson, “The 2010 Midterm Elections,” Nov. 3: 1,660
- Kerry Bolton, “Lovecraft’s Politics,” August 23: 1,489
- Miguel Serrano, “Last Encounter with Carl Jung,” October 28: 1,476
- Jonathan Bowden, “Criminality, Elitism, Nihilism: James Hadley Chase’s No Orchids for Miss Blandish,” November 7: 1,380
Three points are worth noting.
- First, many of our most popular articles were published months ago, and they will probably continue to find readers many months from now.
- Second, many of our most popular articles are on highbrow topics that even I did not predict would be successful (nearly 8,000 words on Sylvia Plath!).
- Third, it is apparent that the readers of our article on Sylvia Plath are coming primarily from Google searches. I have good reason to believe that college and high school students who are required to read Plath are coming to Counter-Currents while doing online research. We are reaching young minds, and since the articles we publish tend not to be tied to the daily news cycle, their appeal is more than ephemeral. We are building an online reference library–a veritable encyclopedia–of high quality articles about history’s greatest racially conscious individuals, plus racially conscious interpretations of writers, thinkers, history, popular culture, and current events–a library that will continue to be read and shape impressions long after ephemeral blog posts are forgotten.
7. Measures of Influence
Counter-Currents/North American New Right articles have been widely reposted and commented upon online, but two measures of influence are most telling.
- First, 45 articles from our site (more than 10% of the total articles published) have been reposted on Robert Steuckers’ Euro-Synergies, the leading European New Right blog. For more details, click https://counter-currents.com/2010/10/counter-currentsnorth-american-new-right-reprints-on-euro-synergies/.
- Second, at least 24 articles from our site have been translated into German, Russian, and Czech. For more details, click https://counter-currents.com/2010/10/translations-of-articles-from-counter-currents-north-american-new-right/.
Starting in December, Counter-Currents/North American New Right will make podcasts of selected articles available for download. Eventually, we will expand our podcasting to include interviews.
9. The Ongoing Search for Contributing Editors and Authors
To increase our coverage of fine arts, contemporary music, films, videos, podcasts, comics and graphic novels, and other cultural fields, we are looking for Contributing Editors and reviewers. For more information, click here. We are also actively searching for authors for several series.
10. Why You Should Donate to Counter-Currents/North American New Right
Like all promoters of ideas that go against the current, Counter-Currents and North American New Right depend on the donations of readers and friends to survive and to grow.
Your contributions will go to pay honoraria and stipends to writers for Counter-Currents and North American New Right.
Over the years, I have seen many talented writers appear, only to disappear a few months or years later.
At first, they are sustained by sheer idealism. But after a while, they learn that idealism alone cannot sustain them when they are hit with temporary feelings of discouragement or competing personal obligations.
By paying writers, we can sustain their interest and enthusiasm through the ups and downs of life. Our goal is to foster talented writers and keep them in the fight for the long haul.
You can make two different types of donations:
- You can make is a single donation of any size.
- You can make a recurring donation of any size.
Recurring donations fall into four categories:
- Friends of Counter-Currents: $10 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of our annual journal North American New Right.
- The Bronze Age Circle: $20 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of North American New Right and one other hardcover Counter-Currents title.
- The Silver Age Circle: $50 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of North American New Right and three other hardcover Counter-Currents titles.
- The Golden Age Circle: $100 per month and up. Membership entitles you to free hardcover copies of North American New Right and all other Counter-Currents titles.
Membership bonuses become available in the third month of one’s subscription.
There is no Dark Age Circle, because we are already living in it free of charge.
To make a donation, click here.
Remember: Those who fight for the Golden Age live in it today.
Remembering Friedrich Nietzsche (October 15, 1844–August 25, 1900)
Remembering Aleister Crowley
(October 12, 1875–December 1, 1947)
Contre le sectarisme de droite
Qu’est-ce que l’Alt Right ?
Savitri Devi, Traditionalism, & Nature Religion
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 375 Greg Johnson, Stephen Paul Foster, & Richard Houck on How to Respond to Being Called a “Hater!”
Remembering Roy Campbell (October 2, 1901–April 22, 1957)
Remembering Louis de Bonald:
October 2, 1754–November 23, 1840