It was one year ago today that the Counter-Currents Publishing/North American New Right website went online. Anniversaries are a good time to take stock of past achievements and set new goals.
In our first year, we published online 901 posts and 4,131 comments. (As a benchmark, compare my first year performance here with my first year performance at the last site I edited.) Here are our web traffic statistics up to the end of June 10th, 2011:
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||“Hits”||Bandwidth|
|Through June 10th||11,866||23,811||100,384||250,141||3.86 GB|
In our first year, we also published 6 books, and now that we have passed the one year mark, I am also readying the first volume of our annual print journal North American New Right for the press.
I want to thank our writers, readers, subscribers, and generous financial donors for making all this possible. Special thanks are due Mike Polignano for his many hours of help in designing, maintaining, and upgrading the site.
My main reservation about our first year is that our editorial line was more characterized by energy than focus. But there is a good reason for this.
Originally, my goal was to focus on fostering the growth of a North American New Right by bringing work from the European New Right into English and encouraging new work in its vein. But not long after we launched, I learned that Arktos Media had secured the rights to publish Alain de Benoist’s and Guillaume Faye’s major books in English. And they have the capital and the staff to get it done much more quickly than Counter-Currents could. This is good for the cause, but it also forced me to re-evaluate our focus and goals.
If Counter-Currents were a particle in the void, we would be following our original course today. But I am glad to say that we are not operating in a vacuum. Counter-Currents is not the only New Right venture to flourish over the past year: Arktos, Wermod and Wermod, Alternative Right, The Occidental Observer, and Washington Summit Publishers have all seen major growth and/or transformation.
And this raises questions for all of us. Saving the world is a big job, and since there are few of us, and we have limited resources, we need to sit down and coordinate our activities so that we compliment one another’s efforts rather than duplicate them.
In our second year, Counter-Currents/North American New Right will pursue the following goals:
1. To sharpen our focus and branding, our existing website will split in two. The Counter-Currents Publishing homepage (www.counter-currents.com) will look like any other publisher’s website (only better!). The current webzine will continue with the present format as North American New Right (www.nanr.counter-currents.com). (This was our plan from the beginning.)
2. Our webzine will continue along the present lines, but I will intensify our focus in three areas. First, North American New Right will become the reviewer of record for all relevant books in English. Second, we will intensify our coverage of film and popular culture. Third, after I finish a series of essays on movement-building and wrap up my White Nationalist Manifesto project, my own writing will focus more on my real strengths and passions: philosophy, political theory, and Western high culture.
3. North American New Right will also focus on developing a stable of regular contributing writers – more writers like Andrew Hamilton and Amanda Bradley – but the key to that is being able to pay writers, something we cannot yet do.
4. Since there is no shortage of important books to publish and reprint, Counter-Currents will continue to do so. Right now we have in development books by Kerry Bolton, Julius Evola, Alain de Benoist, Robert Steuckers, Trevor Lynch, Edmund Connelly, and others.
5. We need to put this enterprise on sounder financial footing. For our first year, Counter-Currents has been running almost entirely on idealism. We have done a lot. But it is not a sustainable long-term model. Like the metapolitical publishers and periodicals of the left, Counter-Currents/North American New Right is dependent on donations from its supporters. To kick off our second year, we are doing a month-long fund-raising campaign. Our goal is $25,000. Our priorities are to pay ourselves and our authors to keep this project going and growing. Please give generously.
You can make two different types of donations:
- First, you can make is a single donation of any size.
- Second, you can make a recurring donation of any size.
Recurring donations fall into four categories:
- Friends of Counter-Currents: $10 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of our annual journal North American New Right.
- The Bronze Age Circle: $20 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of North American New Rightand one other hardcover Counter-Currents title.
- The Silver Age Circle: $50 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of North American New Rightand three other hardcover Counter-Currents titles.
- The Golden Age Circle: $100 per month. Membership entitles you to free hardcover copies of North American New Rightand all other Counter-Currents titles.
- Membership bonuses become available in the third month of one’s subscription.
- There is no Dark Age Circle, because we are already living in it free of charge.
Recurring donations are particularly helpful, since they allow us better to predict and plan for the future.
There are several ways to make one-time donations:
- The easiest is through Paypal. For a one-time donation, just use the following button:
- You can send check, money order, or credit card payment by mail. Just print out our donation form in Word or PDF.
Please give generously!
Note: Donations to Counter-Currents and North American New Right are not tax deductible. Real change never is!
Remember: those who fight for the Golden Age live in it today. Thank you for your support.
Counter-Currents Publishing, Ltd.
& North American New Right
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 394 The Charlottesville Verdict with Glen Allen, Sam Dickson, & Jason Kessler
Le national-populisme est là pour rester
Black Friday Special
It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 392 The 2021 American Renaissance Conference with Gaddius Maximus, Karl Thorburn, Cyan, & Arthur
Counter-Currents Radio Podcast No. 391 The Rittenhouse Verdict with Greg Johnson & Sam Dickson
Remembering P. R. Stephensen (November 20, 1901-May 28, 1965)
Remembering Madison Grant (November 19, 1865-May 30, 1937)
Remembering Wyndham Lewis (November 18, 1882-March 7, 1957)